LED rear light Kit

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
tegwin
Gold Member

LED rear light Kit

Post by tegwin »

Just before christmas some of you may remeber that I started looking into DIY LED rear light conversions to fit inside the standard VW light clusters.

I have finaly got round to manufacturing a couple of sets of the LED light boards.

The idea is to have standard looking clusters when switched of, but the distinct LED pattern when turned on, not to mention about 60% more light, as well as a much faster light up time so that idiot behind you sees your brakelights sooner! Oh, and you will never, ever have to change a bulb again! (the LEDs are guaranteed for 1,000,000 hours)

The kit is designed to fit polo MK5 light clusters, but if you want a kit for any other car then I can change the design to suit. Just get in contact with me. (Infact, any LED related light conversions I should be able to help)

Each printed circuit board consists of 30 ultrabright LEDs.

Fitting them requires that the light clusters are removed from the car and modified slightly, its not difficult and the boards come with photo instructions that even my little sister managed to follow :shock: (Or if you prefer, you can post me your lights and I will fit the boards)

In stock I currently have:

4 LED brakelight boards
4 LED indicator boards
4 LED Sidelight/brake boards (you have the option of being able to have the sidelight also act as the brakelight)

Each ready made board, complete with wires, connectors and instructions costs £10.

To do the sidelight conversion you would need 2 sidelight boards

Optional brake and sidelight combined:

Any questions, queries, comments feel free to PM me!
h4r1s
Platinum Member
Location: Leicester/Sheffield Drives: Polo MKV-6N2 1.4SE 16v 75BHP

Post by h4r1s »

possibly interested for brake lights, but may be interested in the whole lot.

so let me just try get this right, it will £20 for both side just brake lights and £40 for the whole set
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

If you wanted a complete set:

Left and Right brake
Left and right Indicator
Left and right Sidelight/(brake)

It would cost £60

However....The sidelight/(Brake) board can also double up as the brakelight, so you could just buy the Left and right indicator, and the left and right sidelight/(brake) board all for £40, and effectivley have all the lights sorted.

It really depends what kind of look you are after.

Feel free to PM me if that doesnt make any sence and I will try and type it again, im tired and not making much sence.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

tegwin wrote: However....The sidelight/(Brake) board can also double up as the brakelight, so you could just buy the Left and right indicator, and the left and right sidelight/(brake) board all for £40, and effectivley have all the lights sorted.
If you went with this option, does that mean the strip at the top of the cluster (the original brake light) would just do nothing?
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

Yes, if you went with that option the top strip of the cluster would just do nothing, unless you choose to leave your normal brake bulb in place.

Dont forget, the sidelight LED board does not have to act as the brakelight as well, its as simple as choosing to plug a wire in, or not depending on what you want the lights to do..

Once you have them infront of you its fairly straight forwards.

I have all the boards fitted, and dont have the sidelights acting as my brakelights....its just my preferance....I thought giving people the choice would be nice.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh I'm totally with you, I'm definatley interested in a full set, but not right now, got quite a few other things to sort out first,

Is this a thing you'll have going indefinately?
h4r1s
Platinum Member
Location: Leicester/Sheffield Drives: Polo MKV-6N2 1.4SE 16v 75BHP

Post by h4r1s »

Tim_GTi wrote:Yeh I'm totally with you, I'm definatley interested in a full set, but not right now, got quite a few other things to sort out first,

Is this a thing you'll have going indefinately?
same probably contact you in about a month or two, definately interested in getting just the brakelight ones since mine aren't very bright and these should fix that :)
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

hey interested in the kit aswell, just wondering though, how much for the whole kit to be posted?
im based in glasgow, if tht helps, and how would payment go?

cheers
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

Glad you are interested.

There should be no problems with you buying them in a month or so if you wanted to. Im not going anywhere!

If you buy a complete set of 6 boards (£60), postage would be free....Otherwise its £3.50 to almost anywhere in the UK.

I accept payment via Paypal, or you can send me a cheque (the cheque will have to clear before I send the lights!)

I usually aim to have the lights with you within 7 days, give or take a few depending on how busy I am.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

tegwin wrote:
There should be no problems with you buying them in a month or so if you wanted to. Im not going anywhere!
Good man, will let you know!!
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

hey just to double check things, ive got a mk4 as u can see from my sig, but with mk5 rears, it'll fit right? i sorta know the will, just incase the wiring different or sumthin, cheers

and yea i would get the whole set so free delivery.....so thts £60 to glasgow in about 7 days, correcto?

cheers John
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

I assume you have the Mk5 bulb holders with those clusters?

Yes, the boards will fit in those clusters with no problems atall!

And yes £60, to glasgow in about 7 days is correct :-)
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

kool right will just double check with my money etc and make sure i have enough to live on lol then al get back to you asap
oh and yes i do have the mk5 holders lol so theyll defo fit then, good :)

cheers will let you know as soon as and cheers, very helpful :)
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

The first set was ordered last night. Should have them in the post by monday :D
Tigz
Gold Member

Re: LED rear light Kit

Post by Tigz »

Did you get my PM mate?