EPC and Exhaust Emission Lights on.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
chewy
Platinum Member

EPC and Exhaust Emission Lights on.

Post by chewy »

My 03 1.4 fsi sport 100bhp would not start last week, bat flat, tried to jump start was gettin nowhere, so bumped it too 4 goes. The EPC light and Exhaust Emission lights came on and when I started it on sat they were on, but on sunday the EPC light went out then on monday the Emissions light went out. What could be the problem?

Cheers :lol:
AKs_SlickPolo
Gold Member

Post by AKs_SlickPolo »

Nothing to worry about, its just fault codes about under-voltage issues when you tried to start it when it was flat.

A good drive will get rid of the dash lights but there may be fault codes stored about the heated mirrors (if you have them) and few other components e.t.c which won't clear out automatically - either by a garage diagnostic or vag-com.
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

It sorts itself out when the emissions are back to normal. I wouldn't be surprised if bump starting it screwed the emissions because fuel would have got through to the catalytic converter. It's not a good idea to bump start these sort of cars because the unburnt fuel when lit will melt components of the cat and destroy it.
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

The lights came on again last night, aint had any trouble for a few weeks now, could this have something to do with the lamba probe? Is it a bit job to replace? Cost much? Cheers