The Colour Concept.....on going project.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Colour-concept
New

The Colour Concept.....on going project.

Post by Colour-concept »

Hi all.

Feeling a tad bored on a Saturday morning so i thaught i'd put a little topic up about my Polo progress.

I've had the car a couple month's now and still loving it!

Not alot of modification's at the moment but there building up....

At the moment it's wearing 7.5x 15' Ronal LS's with 195/45 tyre's which will be getting changed for 165's very shortly.....

Also FK coillie's which im ashamed to say, due to tyre's issue's, still have nearly 2 inch to go down but that will be sorted when i fire the 165's on.

Also wearing honeycomb front grille and a stainless steel exhaust system and a Civic Type R ariel :lol: .

Also have the winter wheel's sitting in my bedroom.....

I have a new steering wheel, boss kit, and a golf VR6 splitter winging their way to me as we speak. If the rain ever stop's im going to be de-wipering the rear window today, hopefully within the next few week's i can get 165's ordered get them streached on and get it dropped further.

Will try and keep this up to date as and when new shiney bit's get bolted on :lol:

Cheer's all.
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Stunning m8, really really is. Colour is amazing and the wheels suit it to a tee!!! Great job :wink:
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

Really like that! Please don't put a vR6 splitter on it, will just ruin it.
Colour-concept
New

Post by Colour-concept »

Will see what i think when it arrive's, got it cheap so could just sell splitter on anyway.

Here's a few interior shot's i took.

Black and yellow leather, with heated Recaro front seat's.

Pretty much the way i want it on inside, just need a new head unit.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Beautiful mate!!! really liking that, I was going to get the ronal LSs once upon a time, great wheels. Good thinking on the 165s but I agree with Max, dont get the splitter!!!!! It was done b4 and failed miserably.

Get a proper photo shoot on the go soon 8)
Colour-concept
New

Post by Colour-concept »

Just been out and de-wiper'd the back window in the pissing wet... but look's darn good!!

Yeah a good pal of mine has a lupo sport with Ronal turbo's running 165's and his is that bit lower than mine, so when i get my tyre's will simply wind the coillie's to the floor.... :lol:

Steering wheel arrived today aswel, baught it from a chap on here, was in for sale section not long ago... just waiting on my boss kit now.

Not sure what too get next. Have a set of plate's being made by mate who work's at signcraft (local sticker and plate shop), not pressed German one's i like the pressed plate's but every car in Dumfries has them, so im getting 2 white plate's with the SCO and VW badge on left hand side and some unusual spacing :wink: , was thinking about a single wiper kit (with aero blade ofcourse), GTi headlight's, and some light tint's ... what do you guy's think?
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

I like it. Better quality pics would be nice though :)
Colour-concept
New

Post by Colour-concept »

Took them on my phone stupid Nokia thing.

Will get the digital camera out and the polish next weekend, would have done it 2moro but Ultimate Dub's to go to 2moro.
colour_concept
Bronze Member

Post by colour_concept »

nice car

my opinion though is not to lower it. at the moment its got a perfect stance. any lower and it will be too low and the wheels will tuck into the arches.
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

Colour-concept wrote:Not sure what too get next. Have a set of plate's being made by mate who work's at signcraft (local sticker and plate shop), not pressed German one's i like the pressed plate's but every car in Dumfries has them, so im getting 2 white plate's with the SCO and VW badge on left hand side and some unusual spacing :wink: , was thinking about a single wiper kit (with aero blade ofcourse), GTi headlight's, and some light tint's ... what do you guy's think?
hang on a min, befor jumping to anything wat about legality issues. firstly u have to have a yellow reg on back and white on front, police will pull u if theyre both white especially as its a british car, secondly the spacing and size of the lettering is crutial to as its gotta be a certain size and gap and cant have any sort of ghost lettering in the back ground.....

otherwise i think u should get a gti splitter. ceither leave it black or colour code it. most people get one on here and i decided to get on and i actually think it def looks better then the standard one or n e thing to big and chunky like my old splitter. i liked it but cause it stuck down so far it didnt look that good compared the the side as i didnt have skide skirts and didnt wanna buy them as i wanna lower it more.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

GTi splitter does sound like a plan! I'd look at spacers before lowering it too much more though , 165s and 10-15mm spacers would give it a mean stance!

Glad you de-rear wipered it, great mod 8)
Colour-concept
New

Post by Colour-concept »

De-wiper'ing took 5 mins and look's much neater.

As for plate's im well aware that my design will not be legal and if used on road i will more than likely recieve a fine and a stern telling off. That's the chance i take IF i use them on the road. Seeing as i've had too many number plate fine's in past i will refrain from using them day to day, but they won't be costing me anything so handy to have for occasional off road use.

Think i might take your advice and invest in a GTi splitter look's alot better looking at them... and some GTi headlight's.
h4r1s
Platinum Member
Location: Leicester/Sheffield Drives: Polo MKV-6N2 1.4SE 16v 75BHP

Post by h4r1s »

nice mate, look forward to seeing it at unltimate dubs 8)
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

altho u cant really see it in this pic but thats my gti splitter. i think it takes the edge of the front looking like a bubble...... they look alot better when u see it in person. as for the plates, cant see a problem if theyre gonna be for show use.... if theres police there and they ask u about them u can always tell them.
gti splitters, if ur lucky, u can normally get them cheap. i got mine for £25 second hand but its only some scratches underneath. look for them on ebay, here, other polo websites or ask at ur local vw dealer.

u thought about putting the wing mirrors and b pillars matt black? the other pic u can see my colour coded handles black mirrors and black b pillars.

Colour-concept
New

Post by Colour-concept »

Decided today VR6 splitter getting sold on and a GTi item for it.

Got a few idea's from car's down at Ultimate Dub's, wish i had took mine down, miby next year :lol: