What do we all collect???

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
waveydavey
Sponsor

What do we all collect???

Post by waveydavey »

I just wondered what weird and wonderful collections people had.

Personally i'm a hockey geek and have a collection of 22 ice hockey shirts from around the world.

I got my first one back in 1996 and they have cost anything from £20 upto £200-ish for a couple of the game worn & signed ones.

I can safely say we wear all but a couple of them when we go to games too.

Anyhow here is a link to my collection.....

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v230/ ... ?start=all

I'm always looking for two particular shirts.... An NYPD one to go with the FDNY one, (We're big fans of Rescue Me on TV and the hockey shirts of the two teams feature quite a lot), And also a Providence Bruins shirt which is exactly the same as the Boston shirt but with a P in the logo instead of a B. They are like the reserve team to Boston.

My two pride and joys are the Sheffield play-off shirt which was worn throughout the play-offs by the netminder Jody Lehman and then auctioned off, and the Team Canada one which is signed by the player Joe Thornton. He was the captain of Boston when i bought it hence me getting it but now plays for San Jose and earns approx $6,670,000 a year!!!!! Give or take a dime.

Any other things you will own up to collecting?????

Cheers

Dave.
Last edited by waveydavey on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

I collect diseases. i am a walking peetry dish. :roll:

I collect, ashamedfully still, warhammer lol. Im a geek at heart behind this cold gangsetr exterior. I used to collect magic cards aswelll. Still play now and again with some old mates that used to collect with me. When i say i collect warhammer id just like to point out i havent played in a long while i just paint and sculpt lol.

yeh that last line totally saved some of my dignity.... :roll: lol
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

I used to collect key rings from where I've travelled, but a couple of years ago, I just had too many and gave up.

Used to collect Burnout games, had all from 1 to Paradise City, sold some when I got rid of the original Xbox.

Can say I've owned every single FIFA since 98, including the Euro and World Cups.

Edit: Just remembered I have a mahoosive collection of programmes from Arsenal/Chelsea/Fulham/Spurs since the 2004 season.
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Vinyl records! I also like buying odd things like 70's Casio calculators
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

I play guitar, and built up a small collection until I sold a few a year ago.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I used to paly Roller Hockey For Wales Dave!!

I collect band tee shirts myself, have over 30. It's not something I collect and treasure, I wear them all.

Starting to colelct tattoos too :)
Smidley
Getting There!

Post by Smidley »

I collect hangovers... I think Ive had at least one per weekend since I started my apprenticeship of which Im in my 3rd year now... Lol.
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

i collect watches.....if i add i sold all my watches i think i could buy an R32 outright!

also got lots of top quality football memorabilia - pride and joy being my eric cantona signed shirt
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

tomo87 wrote:i collect watches.....if i add i sold all my watches i think i could buy an R32 outright!

also got lots of top quality football memorabilia - pride and joy being my eric cantona signed shirt
which shirt? Leeds?! :)
h4r1s
Platinum Member
Location: Leicester/Sheffield Drives: Polo MKV-6N2 1.4SE 16v 75BHP

Post by h4r1s »

wheels lol :lol:

used to collect fa premier football cards when i was a kid
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

h4r1s wrote:
used to collect fa premier football cards when i was a kid
Du mean the sticker book collection ones? I used to love them!!
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

Star Wars Tazo's!

Full book 8)
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

oh god, this could go on a while lol! previous collections have included:

FA Premier League sticker books, NBA sticker books, pin badges, Warhammer 40k, Star Wars Tazos, POGs (remember them?), marbles, di-cast fighter planes, matchbox cars.

Present collections:
Car parts :lol: , cds, foreign coins, special design British coins

and thats about it for now :D
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

I used to collect Pokemon cards as a kid. That was an utter waste of time and money, like most of my flash-in-the-pan collections.

I currently have a collection of watches, about 5 or so. One crappy Fossil with a Hattori movement, which costs pennies, a Seiko, Tag, a Swatch and a rare Momo watch with an ETA movement. They're all quartz of course. I'd like to own one of these one day (If I win the lottery);

http://www.thepurists.net/Patrons/membe ... billon.jpg

A Jaeger le Coutre watch with a gyrotourbillon escapement. A piece of art, but it's very expensive ($275,000). Actually, any Jaeger le Coutre watch would be nice 8)

I'd like to start a mechanical antique clock collection, too. I've been getting more and more into these sort of clocks, since starting my new job, and I'm off on another course soon to go into more depth in to repairing and servicing them.

I remember Pogs; they were banned at school after an accident when someone nearly took their eye out using one of those metal slammers :P

I think that's it :|
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Ahh yes Pogs, used to ahve a massive colelction of Pokemon cards too, I sold then all on eBay for about £50 in the end lol