hmm run out of ideas what to do to ym car :(

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
JoeG07
Gold Member

hmm run out of ideas what to do to ym car :(

Post by JoeG07 »

hate to say my cars "finished," but just can't think what to do. i'm more after the work doing it than spending a lot of money on having something done. I considered some fancy pants ice like head screens with a ps2 or whatever but concluded its big money spent on something that will never be used. I'm useless with all engine work and all my previous attempts at this have been diasterous so thats out the question.

so far done to my car is :

Exterior
lowered 60mm
16 valve part smoothed bumper
kamei grille
alloys / yokohama tyres
changed lights all round
little spoiler
and of course that bee sting aerial

interior
golf gear knob
pedals
mats
shoddy attempt at making my centre console gloss black, will redo some time
white footwll neons
hardwired in sat nav

ice
alpine head unit
kenwood components
4 x 6x9s
2 x 6.5" subs
sony amp

just need a bit of inspiration.. what can i do? ive got a month off uni and am just feelin a bit creative. I'm trying to think up creative things i can make not off the shelf tack; maybe a mounted paintball gun on the roof or some missiles to take out white vans or a machine that styles your hair for u while your driving on the way to work so u can lay in bed an extra 10 minuits, hell knows?!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Whats your sound install like at present?

Do you have your rear door handles smoothed or it that phoroshop?

Why not buy some real nice alloys that are in shoddy condition and bring them back to life yourself?
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

I'm sure you can change the manifold yourself? Thats an engine mod which you'll defo use and could enjoy.

Other then that as Tim mentioned you have enough time on your hands for a refurb project.
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

I think you have answered your own question. You said your centre console needs finishing. Well you got a month to do it and it wont cost the earth. Get that finished and show us your handywork! Or alternatively the alloy refurb is a good idea.
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

Work abit more in interior? Here's some ideas
Re-color the dash, give it a different finish?
Change speed color and dials?
Change interior roof and maybe add new lighting such as a rearlight as well if its 5 door?
Redo door cards with leather?
Redo other parts of interior with leather eg. seats?
Change interior color scheme?
Re-carpet with something better?
Redo the boot, maybe make some nice boot speaker mould etc?
Get rid of the sat nav and go a step up and make an in car pc, with touch screen and USB sat nav module?
Heated seats?

As for exterior:
Smooth boot handle and badge hole?
Create a front rear boot opening lever?

As for engine, manifold would be great as NOZ suggested?
Maybe an in car NOS system for that speed boost, you could de-wiper the rear and then use the rear nozzle spray switch for NOS?

Dewiper and maybe run it so it comes out somewhere else in the car so you drive you can spray people or cars? Just ideas...

EDIT: Another idea, replace the airbags with a blow up doll... if your in the mood for something wacky lol... just random ideas of the top of my head.
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

^^^ hes only got a couple of weeks mate. Blow up doll haha that would be mad in a crash if that popped out!
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

probably be quite good in a crash. If your in the wrong the other person will probably just run away scared lol. All you need to say is:

(in a thick south american accent)
"OOOO now i got me a real dolly....."

You could get away with murder like this...
JoeG07
Gold Member

Post by JoeG07 »

haha not bad, mite make the passenger air bag a blow up doll, no doubt the missus wld not see the funny side when it slapped her in the face in acrash! I like the idea of a rear light i might give that a go. I wonder if one of those mini overns wld fit where the passenger air bag goes, that wld be awesome for road trips! I'm pretty happy with the sound as it is, and need the boot space so cnt put any bigger in. I might aim my rear windscreen jet backwrads, seing as it dosnt seem to clean it anyway, so when ppl r tailgaiting i can just brap them in the face. my ipod currently resides in the globe box when connected to the stereo, i mite build a cool kind of pop out draw for it, although i can see it jamming and me never getting the ipod back. Think i will redo the centre console tho.

One idea i had was, not sure if this possible, but get a few of those really bright search lights like you see on the top of landrovers and hide them behind the grille, so you can have proper bright driving lights at night. I might take apart one of those remote control tanks that shoots bb guns and mount the bit that shoots under my car so u can pop chavs as you drive past. hmm i will see, and keep you posted as always..
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

Glad you liked the ideas, the rear light could be simple and effective, you see them on alot of family cars especially jeeps, good if you got kids too. As for the rear nozzle I broke mine so now it sprays back, funny though some KA was annoying me so I gave her a wash :P she was not amused.

Had a friend build a little pouch within the glovebox on the actual opening bit for his ipod, maybe add another cup holder and mod it into an ejecting ipod holder?

The additional lights behind the grill seems like an interesting idea you'd have to move everything back using spacers to fit them in so they have a far better effect, but you would be causing problems with air flow and could overheat :(

If you do go with the bb gun idea, make sure you hook a camera to it to an internal car display. Be fun for the passengers to play a real life action game while you drive :) Just make sure its not an unmarked police car you shoot! You'd have to make it somehow discrete too.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

polo-sib wrote: The additional lights behind the grill seems like an interesting idea you'd have to move everything back using spacers to fit them in so they have a far better effect, but you would be causing problems with air flow and could overheat :(
could always get HIDs :P
JoeG07
Gold Member

Post by JoeG07 »

Tim_GTi wrote:
polo-sib wrote:
could always get HIDs :P
lol ive got thm thats part of the problem people always flash me coz they think my main beams on, i wanna give them a little etra flash back :twisted:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

JoeG07 wrote: lol ive got thm thats part of the problem people always flash me coz they think my main beams on, i wanna give them a little etra flash back :twisted:
Get full beam HIDs to show em who's boss! :P
randomage
Silver Member

Post by randomage »

one thing ive always wanted to do is get one of those led signs u can put in the rear window send messages to the car behind with :D u type in the message u want to show and it shows it! such fun could be had with that.....
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

randomage wrote:one thing ive always wanted to do is get one of those led signs u can put in the rear window send messages to the car behind with :D u type in the message u want to show and it shows it! such fun could be had with that.....
lol i was thinking that the other night lol, like when you overtake it'll come out PWNED or F**K U!
randomage
Silver Member

Post by randomage »

you could mix it with the washer jet idea, send 'watch the birdie' n then spray em! that would be so funny...