bbs rm????

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
dpower
Getting There!

bbs rm????

Post by dpower »

got a set of rm's the other day, 15 x 7. can anybody tell me what the offset is most likely 2 be and also what it will change to if i put a 2 - 2.5" lip on. thanks.
mattyy
Bronze Member

rm

Post by mattyy »

I think the offset of an RM is ET33...

but most of the guys on here can confirm and correct me if im wrong buddy.
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

thats with em beign 6.5" im sure a 7 is et14 cant confirm tho :roll:
dpower
Getting There!

Post by dpower »

thanks
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

Nah, i think with a 7.5 its 19......i think!!! may even be higher, into the 20's
sorted
Gold Member

Post by sorted »

Mine are 8" and are ET12.

I have just split my 8" wheels and about to do a swap for 1" lips to make them 7" (if you posted earlier - or if the deal goes through i can do a straight swap) and the back will be the old front 7.5" as the rubbing was UNREAL even after arch work...
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

sorted wrote:Mine are 8" and are ET12.

I have just split my 8" wheels and about to do a swap for 1" lips to make them 7" (if you posted earlier - or if the deal goes through i can do a straight swap) and the back will be the old front 7.5" as the rubbing was UNREAL even after arch work...
Ah man it's talk like this which worries me!!! you had 205s on them tho didnt you Neil?
sorted
Gold Member

Post by sorted »

Tim_GTi wrote:

Ah man it's talk like this which worries me!!! you had 205s on them tho didnt you Neil?
Yes, then i put my 7.5" with 195 on the back and its still rubbing lol
dpower
Getting There!

Post by dpower »

if anyones has got some lips for sale then i would def' have em off ya.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

sorted wrote:
Tim_GTi wrote:

Yes, then i put my 7.5" with 195 on the back and its still rubbing lol
lol, mine aint gunna stand a chance then with 8" 195/45s all round when it gets slammed to the floor
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

My rubbing was unreal with my RM's :x

I had 7.5 at the front and 8's at the backand rubbed sooooooooo much! I could barely take anyone in the back and the front had created a new groove in the tyre ! :shock: That was without arch work though! Would scrub on every bump and corner lol

If i were to go for 8's again, i would go for ditchfinder 185/45 tyres and i think then you'd be safe! either that or get stupidly hard suspension with no rebound!

I was sitting at this height! Low.....and unbearable! but i still stuck with it haha, cos it looked good :P

looking at that makes me realise how low i actually was at the front :D Low daily drivers rule!

Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

also, if your going 8's on the back...look into purchasing a set of camber shims! I reckon that would help alot! 8)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

that's the stance I'm gunna be looking at, looks like it's gunan be more of an issues than I orignally thought!!

Camber shims? enlighten me! :)
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

In all fairness tim, i'm not overly knowledgeable when it comes to camber shims, i just know that you can buy a set degree to give your wheels more og a negative camber, so you retain the width but the top of the wheels stick in the arches slightly more :) will help eliminate rubbing, but i would imagine you would get inner wear on your tyres alot quicker.

I'm keen for 10's on the back of my car, but i would defintely be going for camber shims, or it will rub! even with the pulled arches
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Brilliant, where did you get them from? and what size did you get?