Polo's vs 106

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Andy1.6
Gold Member

Polo's vs 106

Post by Andy1.6 »

Having a never ending battle with idiots at my sixth form the polo's are better than 106's!

Its ridiculous! They just say 'Well I beat you when we raced the other day' I wasn't racing you you idiot! Even though If we did race My car would ruin them!

And one guy has completely stripped out his 106 to make it 'faster' and today I asked him why he had removed all the badges except for the one on the side that says 'zest', surely it would help with the weight saving and he started f'ing and blinding at me! And anyway surely you'd want to remove the badge that advertises that its a low spec car!

Grr How to explain to them!
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

I thought only women drove peugots or people from essex that cant get a good car in the first place? Being a zest thats only a 1.1. I bet my 1.0 could run rings around it. Even if it has got 60bhp and my polo has 50bhp.

It's like corsa owners, they are like mines a 1.4 it would beat yours, i drove it and went "what the hell this is slow", took my 1.0 out and beat them so bad, we have german engineered engines that are tweaked to perform like a ball bearing, they run on terrible engines :)

Whilst my mate who has a 1.4 seat ibiza drove my 1.0 and is determined to prove me that my 1.0 is not a 1.0 as its too fast lol, he drove it and was like "you sure your engines a 1.0 as its to fast and huge, whilst the new 9n has an engine where you can hide under the bonnet", he was shocked about how much the old 1.0 delivered in speed and power.

As for your friends the answer is simple... Its retarded peugot syndrome, like my mate put a 1.6GTX sticker on his 1.1 and debadged it as it made it faster :S he also suffers from retarded peugot syndrome :( ...... Unfortanetly there is no cure!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

The 106 1.1 is surprisingly nippy - it beats me after 60 and just keeps going - my mate often whizzes past me lol. But no for much longer...oh the excitement :D
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Sadly the Peugeot 106 GTi is also faster than the Polo GTi. :roll:

But they'd never win for they'd need to actually reach the finish line!
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

mine will be faster muhaha :P I just love cars that are lighter than their real counterparts :P
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

I would just laugh that he's trying to make a 1.1 car faster to be honest.
M@Turner
Platinum Member

Post by M@Turner »

what car you gettin alex?

As for the 106 v polo debate....let them think they're all that thrashing the b*******s off their 106.....ask them to play a proper game of chicken!!! Drive head on at each other and see who swirves off first!!!! If its not him he'll regret it cus his 106 will turn into lots off little french bits!!! :P :lol:
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Lets just say it starts with G and ends with I. Im doing an engine conversion, so i can keep my car. Ive invested too much into it to sell it on and just buy a new car!
Andy1.6
Gold Member

Post by Andy1.6 »

Im not too worried if its faster or not! Just the fact that theyre awful!
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

engine conversion...niceee

when you planning on having that all done by?
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

It all comes down to personal preference. I know which car i'd prefer!

Take the Polo G40 for instance, by far not the fastest in its class but i'd rather have it over cars such as Uno Turbos and R5 turbos.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

adam_0612 wrote:engine conversion...niceee

when you planning on having that all done by?
All by end of july :) In time for Ed38 ;)
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

I dont know why some people are having a debate over 1.0litre polos and 1.1 zests etc. They are both painstakingly slow!!!!!!!!! And polo-sib i'm surry but for your mate to turn around and say your 1.0litre is fast.....he is on cookoo land!

Trust me, i know how quick a 1.0litre is.....i had one! and a 1.4 8v, which was almost equally as slow, whereas the GTI was quick :D

Had a lad with a 106 GTI i sort of knew and we decided to give it a few head to heads off the lights etc just for the craic and to see what was quicker.....now alot has to be taken into account, driver reaction, error etc etc. but it was extremely close every single time. I took it 9 out of 10 times, mostly just cos i got such a better start than him. but when we were up and running i'd say it was VERY nip and tuck and if the road had been alot longer, he maybe would have eventually realed me back in! but then again my polo was a little quicker than a standard polo! dont know why to be honest! All i had was the BMC, and straight through powerflow! but the engine seemed to react really well to the mods!

So with this argument.......yes polos are better than 106's 8) but i would still have a 106 GTI ;)
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

Dee-vub wrote:I dont know why some people are having a debate over 1.0litre polos and 1.1 zests etc. They are both painstakingly slow!!!!!!!!! And polo-sib i'm surry but for your mate to turn around and say your 1.0litre is fast.....he is on cookoo land!
Haha, i got a 1.4 8v and the 1.0 still seems faster we even tested it on the striaght and it beat the 1.4 8v flat out but not by much. It's one of them mysterys and he compared it to his 1.4 16v 90bhp ibiza so maybe he is cookoo... :?
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

maybe it is just an abnormal 1.0litre :P Get it RR'd ;)