Considering selling my Polo!?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
TimGti
Silver Member
Drives: 9n3 1.9 Tdi Sport

Considering selling my Polo!?

Post by TimGti »

I have had the car for nearly 2 years now and originally bought it for economy sakes as I do a lot of motorway miles.

In the next month this will no longer be the case so Im thinking about going back to a petrol car! For some reason thinking about a Mini Cooper S :?

I need to do some research into what my cars worth, so any ideas or suggestions would be great on that front before I start trawling autotrader to make comparisons (I have a rough idea, but would need to do some maths :wink:) !

Its a 2004 1.9tdi sport with 66k on clock. Im the second owner, FSH inc recent cambelt/ water pump change, new brakes all round!

Might sell it as is (with the coilovers, wheels and b.kit) if the right buyer comes along but if not I guess I'll have to return it to standard!

Anyhow, only a consideration at the moment so any comments/ valuations welcome :)

Tim
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Your cars are real looker mate, think hard before going ahead with the sale!

You'd probably make more money putting it back to standard and selling the parts. It's obviously more effort though and if the right buyer comes along, it's a win win situation!

Minis :roll: , I know it's down to personal preference, but damn I hate those womanly cars!
TimGti
Silver Member

Post by TimGti »

Tim_GTi wrote:Your cars are real looker mate, think hard before going ahead with the sale!

You'd probably make more money putting it back to standard and selling the parts. It's obviously more effort though and if the right buyer comes along, it's a win win situation!

Minis :roll: , I know it's down to personal preference, but damn I hate those womanly cars!
Hehe! I thought throwing in the Mini suggestion would get the stones coming in my direction :D
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Haha sorry, it's nothing personal to you. I just have a vendetta against all men who drive them!
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by pip_polo »

bagsy wheels, :lol:

i would think long and hard before selling, and a mini :?
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Mmmm...I'd go for a Polo 9n3 GTi over a Cooper S, that's just me though. Alternatively, keep the polo and get yourself some PD130 injectors, PD 160 intake and a phase 2 remap and you'll be pushing around 150 BHP as well as great fuel economy. The best of both worlds 8)

Ash :)
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

Gotta say my ex has a mini cooper s and at first i was like yeah mini :roll:

But they are rather impressive, they stick like hot s**t to the road and are quick, BUT!!! they drink like petrol is going out of fashion!!! my house is about 15mile round trip to hers and back and itll do a £10 easy!!! :shock:
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

The mini is a fantastic car - yet it is overpriced and way too "fashionable" for me. Plus you get some real idiots who drive them.

It's a bit like a fatter, posher, better built Clio cup. But less practical than a Polo so beware.

I wouldn't sell. It's great to be able to get in a car and do 60mpg if you're careful. Makes long journeys cheap.

Also, think about running costs - the 1.9TDI is cheap on tax (will get £5 cheaper I think) and you know it's a good one.

No idea on price but I will be interested - mine's Jan 04 and 32k so very similar.
TimGti
Silver Member

Post by TimGti »

To be honest I have never even considered a mini until the other day! I was just thinking through what could be a potential replacement! Normally would be an Audi A3 2.0Tdi or another Mk4 or Mk5 Golf but started to think outside the box a bit with the Mini!

I did take one for a drive a couple years back when a friend bought one and thought it felt solid, stuck to the road and was similarly as quick as my MK4 GTI T I had at the time (prob a bit quicker).

Was trying to think of a car I could buy and then not modify but I instantly find myself on Mini forums finding out what mods are available. Doh!

I am a little reluctant to loose the economy of the diesel though to be honest so I'll have to think hard!

Im guessing my cars worth v. roughly 5-6k, although not sure about the mods etc.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

There's no doubting the Mini isn't a decent car, the specification is really good. It's jsut an image thing for me!

I think your on the right tracks with the A3 TDI, they'll be cheaper to run, look exceptional and are future proof! You'll always look good in an A3 8)
floaty
New

Post by floaty »

How about a mk4 anniversary? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
TimGti
Silver Member

Post by TimGti »

floaty wrote:How about a mk4 anniversary? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Been there, done that already.. Well, kind of! I had a Mk4 GTI T with the full Anni kit before I got the Polo :wink: Saying that, I loved it and would consider another one!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

TimGti wrote:
Been there, done that already.. Well, kind of! I had a Mk4 GTI T with the full Anni kit before I got the Polo :wink: Saying that, I loved it and would consider another one!
Do it, much better than the Mini idea!! :P
floaty
New

Post by floaty »

Dont mean to hijack but how did you find the polo compared to the golf when you first switched.
I ask as i'm stuggling to justify keeping my anni as i doesn't get used much and was thinking of a polo tdi after seeing your car.
Was it much of a "come down" if at all?

What sort of power and torque would it make once remapped?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Just swap cars 8)