Alfa Romeo 15" Rims

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
iggy350
Silver Member

Alfa Romeo 15" Rims

Post by iggy350 »

Ok so I seen a lot of people with Porsche Rims. So I just been browsing eBay and found these
which look similar, kinda. So seen as these are local to me and they come with tyres, although not the size tyre, what would people think if they saw a polo with these on? And if a lot of the reaction is positive then I might just go get them hehe.

I am mega desprate for some new alloys now as I have had to refer back to my Stock ones and they look naff lol. Stupid 17s rubbed away all my tread on the front tyres :)
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

its funny u should mention this actually cause theres a alfa with these same wheels on near my dads friend and everytime i see them i wonder wat they would look like on the polo..... only thing is would have to get rid of the alfa badge in the middle..... otherwise im intreged in wat theyd look like to. i awlays thought theyd look quite nice as theyre different.

are they 4x100? off set?

also cause theyre standard wheels they are narrower thus i would of thought the tyres would be cheaper to.
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

i think theydlook sexy as hell on a polo!

Just need to check the fitment dude. If theyre 4x100 then get em now!
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

Everyones putting other German makes on their cars so this should be very different. These won't have the PCD as VW's. You'd also need 'wobbly bolts' to have these on the car and maybe spigott rings.
b-random
Bronze Member

Post by b-random »

PCD probably wont be the same as VW i thought about these myself thought they only came in 17's??
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

Apparently they are 4x100 but I checked some sites and it seems they are 4x98. hehe could I get them to fit??? I dunno hehe might email to guy go and view them, see if they fit on and if they do buy them there and then

Edit: I just spoke to a wobbly Bolt producer and they actually work both ways, for 4x98 car and 4x100 cars sweet.

Im gunna phone the seller up and buy them hopefully today =D

Thanks
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

^^ Yeah, they're either 4x98 which Are Fiat too and Alfa's althout they do 4x ***

Wobbly bolts basically go into the hole and bend to make up the difference in PCD. A good quality set costs around £30.
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

NOZ wrote:^^ Yeah, they're either 4x98 which Are Fiat too and Alfa's althout they do 4x ***

Wobbly bolts basically go into the hole and bend to make up the difference in PCD. A good quality set costs around £30.
Aye I found some on ebay for £40 they seem top quality so I think i'll go with them.
Just gunna buy my Coilovers as well lol Credit cards are just awesome haha. But my old wheels will pay for the new ones im getting =D
kipper wrote:..... only thing is would have to get rid of the alfa badge in the middle..... otherwise im intreged in wat theyd look like to.
I like the Alfa badge hehe might keep it if they look ok :P

EDIT:
I phoned the place up after I got home from work. Unfortunatley it closed at 5:30 so I cant go get them. However I asked him what the PCD was. He said it was "ET49.5" can any one translate this for me in to 4x*** please

Thanks
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

i thought the "ET" number was to do with how far they stick out or in and the "PCD" number is the bolt pattern like 4x100
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

yeh the ET is basically like where from the center of the rim (if you were to look at it top down aka with tire tread on floor in normal position).

Easier way to say it is the width of the rim. Not the diameter but the actual width. as in the J. The ET is positive or negative from this middle point. So the greater negative the wheel the more they will stick out from the arch, the lower the more they will sick in.
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

Well i didnt know what ET ment, but thats just what the guy told me I was a bit like wots he on about lol.

Anyways I'm taking Half Day tomorrow and going to look at them. All being well I can knock him down to £200 providing they are the right PCD
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

Ok people I bought the wheels and fitted one just to look at it on So here it is:

But I now need some assistance again, im such a nubby.
I went to the local car performance shop and the guy tells me I need to bore out the holes from what I could gather, he was talking too fast.

So the wheels are 4x98 as expected. Do i need to get each hole bored out to be one mill wider and then get some Wobbly Bolts and use them on the car?

Thanks

*Note: I admit the car needs a polish and door bumper thingys removing but I just dont find the time for that :P
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

What exactly did he mean?

The PCD? in which case his talking jibberish OR
The Centrebore CB? (the centre hole that sits snug against the hub of the car)

As i mentioned earlier you may need spigott rings if the rims centrebore is big, like an adapter. If the centrebore is too small, unfortunetly you will have to get them to an engineer to bore out the centre. If you don't the rim won't sit snug and you'll think cos the bolts found the thread in the hub its sitting flush when its not. When driving the nuts can break off and the rim will be wobbly. Happened to me with the rims I currently have and I didn't even know when started driving off :shock:

If the centrebore is too small then an engineer can do it for about £80 for 4 rims.
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

Hum I think the centrebore it a little bigger tbh but as u can see form the pic the wheel sits fine great against the hub with no gap as hoped :) So maybe a spigott ring is needed, but is that essentail a rubber spacer?

infact the centrebore on the Polo is 57.1 and the centerbore on the alfa is 58.1 spigott rings needed?
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

all the spigot ring stuff aside, i recking once u get them sorted properly i think theyll look great lowered. i would probably get the spigot rings tho. dunno where ud get them from tho.