Apex seals for G40-charger FIRST SERIES

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
fahrvergnueger
New

Apex seals for G40-charger FIRST SERIES

Post by fahrvergnueger »

Hello everyone,
I just registered to this forum to make an announcement: I am looking for people interested in ordering new apex seals for the G40-charger from the first series (the 500 black ones build in 1987).
I myself have one of these babies in my garage and would like to keep it as original as possible. Right now, the G40-charger needs a total overhauling, including new apex seals. As you might know, these seals are not available anymore - and you can´t simply use those from the later G40-chargers, since the measurements are slightly different (from the first series, the seals are slightly longer and higher).

We checked with the austrian company "Ensinger" who produces the apex seals made out of "Sintimid" for the G40-chargers in the last years of their production at Volkswagen. They would be able to build customized seals for the first series, but we would need to order at least 100 sets from them.

That means, right now I am looking for 99 other G40-fans, that want to keep their first-series VW Polo G40 as original as possible.
The apex seals would be ordered by Thomas from the company "Dubracers" (www.dubracers.de) and will cost something around 80€ - 100€ per set. Of course you will get an official receipt, since Dubracers is a registered company in Germany.
The seals would be made out of "Sintimid 8000" and would have the following measurements:

displacement device - approx. 356 - 357 mm length, 4.0 mm height, 1.5 mm width
shell - approx. 535 mm length, 3.8 mm height, 1.5 mm width

If you are interested, please send me an Email to G40iger@web.de, writing your name and how many sets you would like to order (in case you want some more for spare). Don´t worry: This ist not a binding order yet, I first want to check if we can find enough people to place an order in the first place.

I will keep you updated on how things are going and if we found enough people. Right now, I already have peole signed up for 8 sets (within the last 24 hours).

Thank you & greetings from Germany

Fahrvergnueger
fahrvergnueger
New

Update

Post by fahrvergnueger »

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to give you an update on my thread:
Until now, 6 people have signed up for the new apex seals. Even though, each of those was willing to order more then one set, this was still far away from the originaly needed 100 sets... :?

BUT Thomas from Dubracers wanted to check with Ensinger, if it is possible to order even a smaller amount.
Answer: YES, it would be possible - but there would be extra costs due to the smaller batch they are doing then...

If we would order 20 sets, the price would be 99€ per set - including a fair 5€ handling charge for Thomas

So, if you now are still interested in getting a set of custom made apex seals (made out of Sintimid) for the first series G40 charger (the 3-piece one), write me an email to G40iger@web.de, including your full name & adress.
I´ll collect all infos & contact information and - if that´s OK with you - will forward it to Thomas from Dubracers, who is going to handle the rest then.

Greetings from Germany

Fahrvergnüger