Omz'z GTI *** Now in Winter Mode ***

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Omz'z GTI *** Now in Winter Mode ***

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Hi All

I've put a build up thread on CP but it just came to me that Holllllld Up, Since i've purchased the GTI i've been on this forum a whole lot more as all you peepz are very helpful so i thought why the hell not stick it up on here to lol. So here it goes.

Hi All

I’ve always wanted to do like a little project diary so to speak but never got round to it in the past plus I don’t really use the computer much so it’s all abit new to me, Ok so I’ve finally got Photo bucket set up after a couple of hours trying to get through while at work so im good to go.

Ok so here’s where it begins, I picked up a 6N2 GTI late last week as shown below (Big Thanks to TurboDaily for coming along to view the car and giving me the nodd),
Car was completely standard to begin with, im going to be carrying out a few mods but nothing tooo special as I’m only looking to run it until the end of the year. (

(Excuse the quality of the pics)

So here’s how she started:-

The main thing is I need to get round to giving it a good clean and polish as the car being red has some faded spots especially on the bonnet :S

Got the car home after taking it for a little drive to see how she performed which I must admit put a smile on my face :P

Anyways, next step was to slam it:-

I found it rubs a little if I go into a corner to quick but I suppose it’s not a bad thing as I keep telling my self to take it easy so this way I have to lol.

I was going to clean the car but found out my brother took all the cleaning gear :S so I thought Instead of wasting a day let’s put the induction kit on :P

After fitting the BMC I must admit the noise was superb it’s sort of like a mean grunting sound as you go higher up the rev range :P

As the night was still young the rear of the car was bugging me, There was just too much red so I thought why not mix thing’s up a little, I trial fitted some smoked Hella’s which looked ok-ish for now so I thought why the hell not :P

That’s it for now, Slow updates to follow as I can’t really work on the car as much as I would like to since my incident :S

Comments and opinions welcome….

Thanks
Omz
Last edited by Omz_6N2 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Looks well m8. Would love to get a red gti but the gearboxes are a real issue for me :cry:
Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

there on any MK5's arnoldo and from the looks of your sig you have a MK5 :P mine went on my 1.0 lol
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Make sure you get your tracking/camber done
polo_gti21
Silver Member

Post by polo_gti21 »

yes omz looks better now its dropped last time i see it at the west london meet and our slow cruise down the uxbridge Rd :lol: look like you were goin off road take it too feltham tyres at slough too do the tracking and camber as most of the garages i found round our area cant do it as it was too low :roll: will prob see you about now as the car is on the road again.
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

I rekon the black hellas would suit only the black gtis, the red gtis with the normal red lights are a good match, Pics of the lights dude?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looking great so far mate!
neilGTI
Gold Member

Post by neilGTI »

Looking good, i love flash red :)

did you manage to sort out the key fob ?
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Thanks for all the comments guys. More updates to follow during the course of the day :P

Neil - No i think i'm going to have to get it sorted through the VAGCOM as i think the previous owner wasn't using the car so the battery could have been dead for a couple of weeks which is why it won't let me do it :S

Trottagti - pics to follow mate although it was bugging me, too much red on the back of the car looked sort of dull.

Pologti - Yess lol that was when i only had it a couple of days, Camber / Tracking all sorted, I went to Hounslow Tyres and he sorted it out for me.

Omz
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Update

Ok so here’s where we at so far………..1st thing I had to do was get the Tracking / Camber sorted so off she went to the garage, They got some funky machinery these days, I remember it being just plain old Lasers strapped to your tyres before lol, Pics of the car up on the ramps:

After getting that Tracking / Camber sorted i couldn’t stay out of the car, I was driving every chance I got which lead me to my next modification, The CD Changer in the boot’s not working and I don’t remember the last time I saw a cassette so I was left to listen to the radio, However this was more like me flicking from one station to the other throughout the whole journey just trying to find 1 decent tune :S So I think b****x to this I got my old head unit at home so I might is-well wire that up :P

It wasn’t as easy / simple as I remember it being lol,

Here’s the unit in question with s**t loads of wirering :S

Once I recalled what the different wires were for (and believe me it wasn’t easy with my memory lol) I started to dismantle the car

And the end result

I no this isn’t the best of head units out their etc but my personal opinion is this is the nutz, I quiet like the double din screen’s but the problem with them is the screen stays in the car meaning within about 10-15 seconds some thieving t*t would have had it where as on this unit the key pad as well as the whole monitor detach meaning I can leave the car not having to worry about someone trying to break in to nick the unit.

Next this on the list was to give the car a good clean as I’ve been meaning to do this all week but just haven’t had the time, I spent from 8 o’clock in the morning to about 12 cleaning the car and polishing it trying to get rid of all the faded spots (Matt remember that nasty bit all over the bonnet ?? Well it’s gone woo-hoo lol)

So I thought while the car was looking all nice and shiney I should really take advantage of the good weather so this came next :p

Soo after spending all morning using the old elbow grease cleaning the car and putting on the rims what happens ?? It starts to frigging rain :O The next plan of action was to leave the car where it was as the weather put me right off , Next thing I no my mate’s come round to “chillâ€
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

looking spot on dude.

wat size dish's are the split n how low u running?
Brad.
Silver Member

Post by Brad. »

Looks lovely.
Like it in Red.
s-l-i-x
Bronze Member

Post by s-l-i-x »

I love them wheels 8)
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

cars a minter mate.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

wahey red :D Nice example mate very clean and love the wheels!