One of my Polos - MK3 GT

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
polo6n1600i
New

One of my Polos - MK3 GT

Post by polo6n1600i »

Well its finally almost finished. From an £80 wreck saved from the crusher to a car worthy of cruising in!

Paid £80 for it with a suspected knackered gearbox (thanks for the replacement Hardhitter - hope the discs came in useful!). With a new gearbox in place, the mechanical elements of the car where serviced by myself using new parts where required. It took 8 weeks of hard graft in a mates garage and over £700 worth of parts to get it through its MOT.
The drivers door has been replaced and the roof straightened as it had been lifted with a forklift and dented the roofskin. Bumpers where half colour coded to match the bodywork at the same time. Jetex exhaust system was fitted along with Weitec 40mm lowering kit. Brakes have been upgraded to VWII calipers, blackdiamond drilled/grooved and mintex fastroad pads (powerful enough to outbrake a Saxo VTS to a roundabout) The interior was totally rotten from sitting out in a forest for over 20 months with the door hanging open. So a new interior was sourced along with the 14" VW Mk5 Polo alloys (with 185/55/14 tyres). It isnt quite finished yet as it still has no stereo - the tyres are almost on the wearbars and i'll replace them with 195/45/14 to reduce catching on the arches under full load.

Well with over £2.5k spent on it, she turns a few heads! :)

My other car is a Mk4 1.6 8v( it use to run twin 40's but i dropped and cracked the manifold while i was servicing them!) Its going to be finished for inters to advertise my company Dub-Style.

I'll put up some images of her when she's finished
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

I like it I like it!

Nice touch on the wheels, really suit the car well. Also appreciate the semi-coded bumpers, very nice.

8)
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

It's looking very well mate, bet you have grafted hard to get it looking like that from an £80 car.

On the subject of tyres, 185-50-14 are good and are less likely to scrub without being harsh on the ride.

Have you done anything to the engine yet, any pics ?

Cheers for the brakes btw, much better now. :)