Time to say goodbye.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
clees
Bronze Member

Time to say goodbye.

Post by clees »

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since i last posted anything on this forum and now this will be my last. Sadly, last week a woman decided to smash into the back of my beloved pride and joy (at 40 mph) sending me into another car completely writing it off. :cry: :x

Now i have the fun of choosing another car but i just don't know what to get???

Why cant old women just get the bus!!!!!!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Sorry to hear that mate. that really does suck. not willing to get another one? If I was in your position I'd go older, but it totally depends what type car your looking for?

What are your plans for the GTi now? you buying it back and selling the parts or is it totally gone?
clees
Bronze Member

Post by clees »

the idea of buying it back crossed my mind but i think it's worth more hassel than its worth, still not made my mind up. The car itself is at the garage which is where my sister works so they will hang on to it for me. the inside is absolutely immaculate and the engine is perfect. I was gonna look at another Polo GTI but i think i fancy something different.....just not sure??

I don't mind going old but not too old, it's just finding the right car, right price and right mielage.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Agreed it is alot of effort buying the car back and selling on or as parts. It's sometimes a worthy investment though.

Get a mark 1 Polo. or a Golf 1/2 8). Or the natural step up which is a cupra?

Haris' mate is selling a lovely one:

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... hp?t=39760
Overseer
Bronze Member

Post by Overseer »

Gutted for you mate. Had someone rear end me, I know its not a pleasent experience.
chrisjames
Silver Member

Post by chrisjames »

I would get a 9n2 Gti
They feel quite different, well enough to be a change anyway.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Sorry to hear about your car mate :(

Have a look at the Clio 182 (with Cup packs), Ibiza Cupra, or Fabia vRS (if you are thinking about a diesel)?

Cheers :)
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

Argh I bet thats gutting, i'd be in pieces if someone went into the back of my 1.4, let alone a GTI! I'd try breaking it if you can, you could probably get a fair bit back! If you fancy selling the gear knob and gaitor, first dibs ;)
kinder
Bronze Member

Post by kinder »

shame to hear this mate another gti gone
have you thought about an audi s3 by any chance awsome car but can be expensive to buy
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

Sadly GTI's dont break for a lot of cash (ive done 2) due 2 the fact that there arnt many parts which are unique 2 the gti and the engines dont tend 2 sell fast or for alot of money :cry:

Between the two ive done this is what i recon u would get for the parts

interior (1) £150 leather £300
wheels £150-£200 depending on condiction
engine+ ecu, wirring £150-£200
gearbox £100-£150
gti bits (eg splitter, rear spoiler (but sadly u dont normaly find that both these have servived), gear knob, fogs, steering wheel)
£100-£150

Thats only £600-£700 quid and your left with all the normal polo stuff that ither doesnt sell or takes ages 2 sell.
U proberly could get more but would mean holding on 2 bits and hoping 2 get lucky!

I personal have paid £600 twice for crash GTI's (and would again) but the only reason i do it is so when all those bits are sold off he car owes me nothing or close 2 nothing! i then keep what ever is left in my (stores) for spares for my car or 2 be able 2 offer my customers cheep second hand parts.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Those prices seem awfully cheap Dan. £150 for the engine loom and ecu?!
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

Well if you did want to break, i'll be interested in the gear knob and gaitor and possibly the interior if its in good condish.

That price does seem a bit low on the engine and loom, I've seen some sell for £400+ on CP.
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

well ive told the chap that i would buy the car from him / break it for him!
So if i do ppl on here will get first dibs! 8)

About the engine- Ive seen them sell for alot more 2 but the problem is to get good money (300-£400) takes time! which when ur breaking a car is the one thing u dont have, as parts sitting around are costing u money!
both times i have tried them at £300 for 2 weeks then when they dint sell i droped the price just 2 get ride of them sharpis.
There was a engine, loom, ecu, gearbox and all mounts and little bits on ebay for £600 (which i thought was cheep) but it was on ebay (on and off) for 5months!!!!
so rearly if u get lucky or want 2 play the waiting game then £500-£600 is doable but if u want it done and dusted in a week (whole car gone) then u have 2 be realistic on the price ! sadly lol :cry:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Did you say you've bought this Polo Dan?
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

+1 to Tim, if this is for breaking will you sell the roof rails?

Cheers,

Daz