1.9 Tdi pd100 gearbox

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
jap_master
New

1.9 Tdi pd100 gearbox

Post by jap_master »

hi i have an problem with the gearbox it rattle like hell, but when i press down the clutch the sound does away when i leave it back up it comes back again.

it does not happen all the time either.

the gear slots in as the same and it feel fine in every gear.

i have had the car revo'ed but that should not make any difference. should it?

i read some where that its an common fault on the gearbox?, like an rubber gromet has weakend or something, can someone confirm this? or something else?

can someone please help me its bugging my like hell.

thanks all for your help
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

possible release bearing noisey or if its got a duelmass flywheel it might be the problem
jap_master
New

Post by jap_master »

if it is the above will i beable to get it done under warrenty?
yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Post by yorks GT TDI »

if its got it then yes just dont tell them about remap
Besian
New

the same

Post by Besian »

Hey jap master i had the same rumor like you but not that noisy. I use the same car as you 1.9tdi 100hp and this started after i kept too much pressed the clutch in some mountain roads, and i felt bad odors coming from the engine. Now it's been like 3 months that i use every day my car and the clutch works fine but i hear this noise....so i think i will go to VW and let them worry for this because i think it will cost... When i send my car to VW the technician said that if the rumor should me more intensive i should check up the gearbox in a more detailed way because he just heard the noise and pressed the clutch to verify it's effectiveness. So if i will find something i will let you know
jap_master
New

Post by jap_master »

thanks man i hope to heard from you soon. its really bugging me. i rang vw today and they said they can not fit me in untill after xmas. i know what the hell.......
flyfs6
Silver Member

Post by flyfs6 »

Also for good measure I'd get the map turned off. The increased torque will be instantly spotted if they take it out for a spin.

My gearbox was repaired under warranty on 1.8T, my dealer wasn't fussed about the map but yours maybe.