forge tip now fitted!!!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

forge tip now fitted!!!

Post by whitegtipolo »

was really excited when my tip arrived today only to find it was totally wrong!!!! i had this with a different supplier thats why i contacted forge direct only for them to do the same! No one seems to know what they are doing these days ?? It really annoys me!!!!!!! rant over!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by whitegtipolo on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
more-bhp
Gold Member

Re: forge tip mix up

Post by more-bhp »

I wouldn't have sent you the wrong one ;-)

J
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

What did they send you like??

Could be worse tho, yesterday i was parked up in a "no go zone" (which no one ever bothers with) its meant to be only taxis and buses between 7am to 7pm, anyway, went and just parked up quickly in the "zone" to use the bank machine, was waitin in the Q when someone shouted me across the road to say the traffic cops were driving down, by the time i got to the car again they were sittin next to me tellin me to get out the car and into theirs!! 2 30 quid fines, got told my plates are illegal too! w**k!!! Mind you i was a bit cheeky! :? :evil:
Forge Motorsport
New

Post by Forge Motorsport »

Hello mate, we actually sent you the part number you quoted us, which is maybe you got it wrong from the other place too ?
Anyways, its all sorted now i hope. Should have been collected by now and if you didn't receive the right one yesterday, then you will today (UPS weren't runnign a full service yesterday).
Thanks
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

Deleted as i was annoyed that day!!! :P
Last edited by whitegtipolo on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
more-bhp
Gold Member

Post by more-bhp »

less arguments.. please....

I deal with Forge and have never been sent an incorrect part yet.. and I get most things next day.....no probs at all..

Chris.. you must be unlucky... next time you want something from them order it from me... then there won't be any confusion...

no chill... looooooooooool
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

its ok just got me a bit stressed out thats all having to be in for collection and delivery etc etc LOL im ok after my rant!! :P
Daveiow
Bronze Member

Post by Daveiow »

are these tips worth while then?? I fitted one to my last mk4 1.8t and it made no or very very little difference at all ??

Dave
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

I fitted it today and what a b4stard of a job lol did it all from the top!! Gotts say its tight and had to modifi the coolant pipe bracket on the gearbox so it wansnt touching the forge tip stepped it out a bit! (lucky i have an AA van to hand ha) Also like kenny said that little pipe at the back pushes in if you dont fit a jubalee clip to it LOL! Gotta say its a nice piece of kit and the sound it makes when boostin is immense now!! I cant see it doing any harm daveiow its less restrictive and wont collapse under boost ! Also looks mint under the engine bay now!! Ready for stage 2 now on wednesday! :P :D :P
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Re: forge tip now fitted!!!

Post by Jeff GTi »

i found throttle responce became more responsive, almost more elastic after fitting mine
shanethb
Getting There!

Post by shanethb »

Jeff GTi wrote:i found throttle responce became more responsive, almost more elastic after fitting mine
I agree it also seems to make power all the way to 6500rpm where a stock setup runs out of puff at 5200rpm
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

I agree , but the forge intercooler helped the most with that side of things haven't really been out in it long since fitting so it still gotta adjust to the tip !1