RAF marham Track day

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
JSdragonpolo
New

RAF marham Track day

Post by JSdragonpolo »

Hi, Sorry about the long story but some of you may like:

At the weekend, I went to charity track event at RAF Marham. It was a great laugh and there were a lot of very nice motors such as Skylines, Evo's and the like. I was there with my Dad's club, the autobahnstormers. They have such cars as the lotus carlton, vauxhall senator and opel monza.

Me, my brother my mate and my Dad (he drove it there as we're all only 19 and couldn't get insurance) took our track ready(ish) E36 BMW 328 coupe and thrashed that aroud the track. It handled very well indeed and we got a top speed of 137 mph on the main straight.

The big surprise of the day for me was my 1.4 8v polo. I took my car aswell as the bmw only has 2 bucket seats and there were 4 of us. I have only done a few modifications to it such as lowered 45mm, 16v wheels and some aesthetics such as clear lenses and 16v rear lights. Anyway, back to the point, my polo was competing with peugeot 205's, an evo (somehow) and even our bmw. I was really pleased with it and shocked how a polo could be so good through the bends. :D I tried to see what top speed i could get out of it and I got *cough* 93mph *cough*. :lol:

Also wondering if any of you guys have ever been to any track events before in your cars and if so where.

Pics:

The BMW

at the track

The Polo:

Hope you all like, and sorry I haven't introduced myself earlier lol (Ive been a member for nearly a year :oops: )

James
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Re: RAF marham Track day

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Hi James

Nice motors and nice to meet you!

Glad you had a good time... I went on a lambo driving experience last year and got the taste for the track, so fancy taking my Audi around a track one day.