Polo GT £400 with T&T

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
ereeiz
Bronze Member

Polo GT £400 with T&T

Post by ereeiz »

For sale is my Polo GT. I bought it a few months back and have replaced the following parts;
-NSF wheel bearing
-OSR Wheel Bearing
-Fitted PhilJ suspension (about 60/60)
-Lowering caps (still have originals probably)
-8x inlet valves
-8x exhaust valves
-Valve stem oil seals
-headgasket
-Cambelt (this was done in November by the previous owner/garage)
-ignition leads
-rotor arm
-dizzy cap
-rear drums (and fitting kit, no old parts left in there)
-both rear handbrake cables
-fuel pump/ecu relays
-clear/mild tint side repeaters with silver/ orange bulbs (see next line)
-clear/ frosted indicators with silver bulbs so they dont have that s**t orange glow coming from within

Also has a proper pipercross ind. kit with bracket fitted
and an aftermarket roofrack too.

Basically I bought it with a misfire, I presumed it was the blue sender, replaced that and it made no difference. I then used the dignostic machine at work to check the ECU it said nothing was wrong (apart from the blue temp sender no signal as I disconnected it). My next step was to test all the components with my multimeter but I only finally got round to getting the values and printing them off autodata 4 days ago and haven't had the chance to look at it yet. Anyway, the long and short of it is it will start from cold on its own fine, leave it to idle for 30 secs and its fine. If you try and rev it it will misfire for 2-3 secs then pick up for 4 times, after that it's fine. It runs rich as a result of whatever the problem is, I have a spare lambda off an old G40 that I fitted, this made no difference. Admitteldly I haven't worked through the problem in a constructive way, I've just tried swapping bits as and when I get the time. After the initial 30 second start up malarky it's fine.

I've rebuilt the top end and generally spent a good bit of time and money on it. The reason I'm selling is because I just can't be f****d with it anymore, the exhaust was caught on a speedbump and stayed still whilst the car carried on over it resulting in the flexijoint being unwound and snapping. Now it needs a new centre box (or get a bit of flexi pipe to replace it) and the backboxpipe needs straightened slightly (not hard) or replaced. I couldn't afford to pay £130 or whatever it was the local parts place wanted for an exhaust and needed a car yesterday so ended up buying a Laguna of all things :s

So now the Polo is going

It has tax until end August, MOT Nov 5th
105k miles
Dark blue
HATCHBACK! not a coupe, so I'll write *RARE* in the hope it doubles its value, haha.
It is an original GT too, not a donor.

The shell has had some welding to the sills in the past and been painted. This car isn't mint, it's 20 odd years old now but off the top of my head I can't think of any dents, scratches or rust. but then I only drive it, I'm not into the whole scene thing anymore, it's not a G40 and you can't polish a turd in my eyes, haha.

**********************The car is drivable, I was driving about in it yesterday looking for an exhaust but gave up after 40 miles as I was deaf.******************

Bring an exhaust along and fit it, drive it away, or just drive it away eitherway it suits me as long as I have cash in my hand!

Graeme 07899752331 ereeiz at hotmail dot com {PREFER CONTACT BY EMAIL FOR QUESTIONS, CALL ONLY IF YOU'RE SERIOUS/ URGENT}

Available to be picked up whenever you like.
Last edited by ereeiz on Thu May 28, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Polo GT £400 with T&T

Post by alexperkins »

Interested mate. Can you sort me out some pics asap? Cheers
ereeiz
Bronze Member

Post by ereeiz »

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

What condition is the suspension in? Do you have any history for it prior to owning it? Is the missfire still there?

Thanks
ereeiz
Bronze Member

Post by ereeiz »

There's a few MOT's but that's about it for history. The misfire is still there. It's something to do with the start cycle though I think as it's not there when you drive it, only for the first 30 secs or so. It's not the headgasket either, I did that when I rebuilt the top end (obviously, lol). The only reason I did that was for my own peace of mind.

The suspension seemed fine when I fitted it, that was about 3 weeks ago or something. I forgot to add it had new top mounts on the front too!