Idea on tyres

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Besian
New

Idea on tyres

Post by Besian »

Hi guys, in a few days i will change my tyres but i have a question: I use 185/60 R14 on my 9N3 and i decided to put on 185/65 r14.
So it's safe to do this because i heard that are influences in braking? Please any idea or comment will be very helpful
Thanks
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Re: Idea on tyres

Post by RITCHAT »

Besian wrote:Hi guys, in a few days i will change my tyres but i have a question: I use 185/60 R14 on my 9N3 and i decided to put on 185/65 r14.
So it's safe to do this because i heard that are influences in braking? Please any idea or comment will be very helpful
Thanks
Your tyres that you are looking to fit will cause the speedo to be out and will register the wrong speed. Regards braking I would doubt that there will be any noticable difference. The tyre height will also be slightly taller by about 9mm hence the speedo being out. The car's handling will be affected and may cause the car feel funny when corning hard as the tyre side walls will be less sturdy. Stick with the standard size and you will not go wrong. I would let your insurance company know if you are changing the size of tyres as they will look dimly if you are making a claim. Any modifications no matter how small or insignificant have to be reveiled or they will cancel your insurance null and void from inception of your policy which in the event of a claim the Police will then charge you for not having insurance in place.
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: Idea on tyres

Post by whitegtipolo »

RITCHAT wrote:
Besian wrote:Hi guys, in a few days i will change my tyres but i have a question: I use 185/60 R14 on my 9N3 and i decided to put on 185/65 r14.
Thanks
Your tyres that you are looking to fit will cause the speedo to be out and will register the wrong speed. Regards braking I would doubt that there will be any noticable difference. The tyre height will also be slightly taller by about 9mm hence the speedo being out. The car's handling will be affected and may cause the car feel funny when corning hard as the tyre side walls will be less sturdy. Stick with the standard size and you will not go wrong. I would let your insurance company know if you are changing the size of tyres as they will look dimly if you are making a claim. Any modifications no matter how small or insignificant have to be reveiled or they will cancel your insurance null and void from inception of your policy which in the event of a claim the Police will then charge you for not having insurance in place.
bit ott there on insurance, ive madea few claims and nothins been said about little mods i didnt declare??? eg wheels