My One of a kind bonnet... please check it out !!questions!!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Lowrider6n
Getting There!

My One of a kind bonnet... please check it out !!questions!!

Post by Lowrider6n »

just had a question about my new bonnet, as u can see ive intergrated the iron cross into the checkered idea, now as i understood, the iron cross orginates from the german army, a symbol of bravery..and as for being a german car i thought it would suit...am i wrong?

since putting it on a few people have come to me and said 'aint it racist?'...i mean i dont want people thinking i am...because im not, i thought it was a good idea.. as far as i know the iron cross is a medal given to people of the german army, as im well aware...germany wernt much liked in the first/second world war because of hilter and that, am i right in saying that just because hitler was given a cross during WW1 and he was an extermist doest make it a racist symbol...does it...if you dubbers frown on the idea and think it is... then i will gladly change it...i want dubbers to see it and like it ..like the orginality of it rather than not like it..

anyone seen a bonnet like this before...do you like it?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: My One of a kind bonnet... please check it out !!questions!!

Post by Tim_GTi »

Not too much of a fan of checkered bonnets on newer cars, seen a few on mark 3s which work though.

I would've highly recommended researching the symbol before plastering it all over your bonnet., I have no idea what the symbol means, and have no idea why it's loosely attached to the scene, but I'm not fussed on it.
mick35
New

Post by mick35 »

AWESOME.......LOVE IT...........COOL.
It is all personal preference and you are right about the Iron Cross aswell, it is a symbol of bravery and honour and is in the right place on the bonnet of a Polo.
Tim has some really awesome posts on here and is the kind of guy who is always willing to help so dont take his post to heart, he just dont like chequered bonnets on 6N's :D :D :D

Mick.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh apologies if I may have come across a bit strong, you haven't ruined your car, and it's a poorly done job, it's just not my cup of tea 8)
Lowrider6n
Getting There!

Post by Lowrider6n »

well i respect your opinion, but i think it look awesome! its one of a kind and im keeping it:D thinking of going with it on the wings and having a rusted bonnet...any comments?
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

It's always good to see a new twist to an old idea, great concept & well done. That said, i'm with Tim, not my thing & prefer the older style motors with it on. Although it could take off on more modern designs!

As to the meaning of the Iron Cross, read this, scroll down the page of the article & you'll find explanations of both the Iron Cross & the Nazi Iron Cross, plus how it is still viewed (& used) by some as a neo-nazi symbol.

At the end of the day it is your car, if you love the bonnet, which you obviously do & are proud of, keep it. Just be prepared for the odd comment, which you can counter with knowledge of the history of the Cross that is in the link above.
Lowrider6n
Getting There!

Post by Lowrider6n »

cheers for the input! appreciate it, and also for your research into the meaning...one question remains, where do i get i uk-polo.net sticker i want one:D sticker window could do with it:P:D
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

Lowrider6n wrote:cheers for the input! appreciate it, and also for your research into the meaning...one question remains, where do i get i uk-polo.net sticker i want one:D sticker window could do with it:P:D
This should sort your window out! :lol:

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/stickers.html