S11ERI - my polo!!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
S11ERI
New

S11ERI - my polo!!

Post by S11ERI »

Hi everyone,
my name is Sherri,
i am 17, just passed my test ( :D ) and so here is my polo which i have started modding; thanks to having a car nut dad! :lol:
The car was totally standard when i bought it, so far i have de-badged it, clear sides, clear front indicators/chrome indicator bulbs, tinted rears, alloys, de-badged grill, removed bump strips, hi-lo HID's.......next plan is to lower before you all say it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

and just for a bit of fun........

mick35
New

Re: S11ERI - my polo!!

Post by mick35 »

Looking good Sheri ! Although I have had my licence for some time, (20+ years :oops: ) I am new to Polo's and believe it or not Modding........ Once I have worked out how to upload pics I will add some of mine.
Keep at it Sheri and congrats on passing your test

Mick xx
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

hey Sherri, welcome to the site :)

any other plans for the polo? except the lowerage :P
also what size of engine u got under the hood?

John
S11ERI
New

Post by S11ERI »

thanks mick :)
yeah definately, would like to see some pics :D
i'm too trying to get as many tips as i can; my dads always been into cars so im going mostly by his recommendations at the moment lol seems to be working though! :lol:

thanks John :)
erm....other plans include...window tints, the 6n2 lights eventually (the tinting did for now lol), want to put some side skirts on mainly to hide the specs of rust that are down there really lol, new exhaust but as to what im unsure at the moment...the lists endless! :lol: :lol:
any recommendations??

...forgot to add, it's a 1.4 :)
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

Welcome Sherri and congrats on passing your test.

I'm guessing insurance won't be cheap including all the mods you're going to do? Should be quite fun though and you'd definetly see and learn a few things from this forum.

Check out ChrisP's 16v, it salso white and shows how sweet it could look. Tinted windows on a nice white car don't look too nice causing contrasting blocks between the white body and lumps of black! If you do its best to keep them light though. Just food for thought but its your motor end of the day and you should do whatever puts a :mrgreen: on your face.

How will you go about lowering? Looking for a decent height or slamming the thing on to the ground!?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

how good are the hi-lo H4 HIDS - any chance you could get a pic of the low beam and high beam from inside the car at night :P

Im trying to weight it up for my mk3!
S11ERI
New

Post by S11ERI »

thankyou :D
yeah still just ideas at the minute; not easy paying for a car as a student! lol
insurance isn't too bad at the minute, managed to get a good deal when i first took it out. I drove it while i was learning so insured it then and they offered it as a fixed price for when i did pass. good times :) compared to some of the people i know who are having problems with insurance, mine was pretty damn goood! :wink:
regarding the lowerage....mixed opinions, my dad wanted to smack it to the floor (60mm) however i'm happy with around 30mm and just close up the gap between the wheel arch :)

Hi-lo Hid's are amazing! :)
having just passed, i hadn't really drove much in the dark before and didn't really like it with my standard lights but with the HID's i love driving in the dark :lol: :lol:
will take some pics tonight when it's dark and post them up for you :P
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

S11ERI wrote:regarding the lowerage....mixed opinions, my dad wanted to smack it to the floor (60mm) however i'm happy with around 30mm and just close up the gap between the wheel arch :)
Well you're lucky you shared that or you would've wasted your £££ if you went for lowering 30mm!!! As Polo's are quite high at standard, you don't even notice the cars lowered even if you drop it down 40mm. All you end up doing then is bring it back down to earth lol.

60mm is an average drop most owners do, I think mine's around 60mm on coilovers. Very rarely when I have passengers in the back would I get scrubbing when going over a bump. Take note that if you go for coilovers, cheaper ones tend to be spine shattering bumpy whereas more £££ means more comfort even at LOW drops.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Id say a 30-45mm drop is relatively noticable to be fair noz - mine is down 40-45ish on a H&R cup kit, and it definately is a noitceable drop!
thenapster
New

Post by thenapster »

drop the full 120, im down that far on 15s and it doesnt scrub the arches even with a full car (Y)
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

alexperkins wrote:Id say a 30-45mm drop is relatively noticable to be fair noz - mine is down 40-45ish on a H&R cup kit, and it definately is a noitceable drop!
Really? I remained dissapointed at 40mm :cry: Looking at it parked up beside other motors, it didn't look like there was any difference!

Also think about the tyres you'll be running once you have rims as its a combination of factors making it look and feel good.
polowoof
New

Post by polowoof »

mate get a coilover lower 60mm in the front and 40mm in the back if u were on 195/50/15 or 60mm all the way but make sure u hv 195/45/15 tyes
THis compromises both looking and practical becasue I have jus out my lowered suspension not coilover, 60mm on 195/50/15 and I have problem at the back too low esp when i hv stuff loaded in.
Hope this helps
VWking
Getting There!

Post by VWking »

Keep up the good work, the car is looking good!! What are you going to do next? Did you buy the smoked rears or did you do them yourself? :D
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

polowoof wrote:60mm on 195/50/15 and I have problem at the back too low esp when i hv stuff loaded in.
Hope this helps
Yep you definately shouldn't have that combination on unless your cars at standard height.

195/45/15 is the recommended tyre size.