Polo 1.4 16v 6n 1999 60k engine 80k car T&T £1150

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
ereeiz
Bronze Member

Polo 1.4 16v 6n 1999 60k engine 80k car T&T £1150

Post by ereeiz »

It's now on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0468548267 £1150 buy it now. I WILL PX for pretty much anything interesting. I'd like a mk1 Caddy or a pile of cash mainly though! :P

But I'll cut n' paste it into here too as I know it's a PITA clicking links all the time when looking for cars! So if it doesn't make sense, bear in mind it's written for an auction!

This auction is for my 1999 VW Polo 16v (AFH 100BHP engine) 3dr manual, sunroof model.

I bought this car about 6 weeks ago off a friend who had owned it for a while. She was driving down the M5 when the cambelt slipped, causing no.4 piston to collide with the valves. I bought another engine with only 60k miles on it, cleaned it, fitted a new cambelt kit (it's the tensioner that fails, causing cambelt problems!) and did a service on it too. I then drove it about for a week or two with no problems and lent it to a mate who drove it to Birmingham and back daily (70miles round trip) whilst I fixed his car too. The reason I'm now selling is because I went back to driving my Laguna whilst lending this out and found that I actually preferred it, which is odd as I've had about 30 odd VW's and generally hate anything non-German. I'm open to suggestions of px, (not just vehicles either- try me) but contact me first as I'd need to re-jig this listing about to take that into account so it's in line with eBay's rules, etc. Viewing is welcome by anyone, as is any vehicle inspection, etc that you wish to have done (at my convenience obviously). Please call or text (make sure I can read it please, I don't want to spend an hour deciphering what you've written) if you have any questions between 09.00 - 20.00 (text anytime). If I don't answer leave me a message and I'll call back, if you don't leave a message I won't. OR use the ask the seller a question button up there ^ somewhere on the right.

Good points;

*New cambelt kit fitted

*Oil flushed and changed after new engine fitted

*New front EBC brake disks and EBC brake pads

*4 Good tyres (also have a spare tyre the same size I'll throw in too)

*Tilt/ slide sunroof

*Height adjustable, fwd, back, tilt seats (both front)

*Height adjustable seatbelt

*Height adjustable steering column

*Electric windows

*Power Steering

*Central locking

*Anti-lock Braking System

*100 BHP AFH engine

*Becoming a bit rarer now as a lot have been px'd with the scrappage scheme :(

*Gearbox is good, they normally give up on these but this one's silent, no crunching, easy to get into gear, doesn't pop out, etc.

*CD Player (not amazing admittedly but it's better than staring at a blanking plate!)

*Tax until end of May

*MOT until late April

*V5 is in my name, so no dodgy applications forms, waiting around, etc to do.

Bad points:

*The paintwork has been resprayed on the OSR quarter but has gone a little weird on the pillar, it looks like a water effect (the same as when you wash the car but don't chamois it). SEE PICS

*General wear/ tear to the inside, it's not immaculate, but then I think I just have higher standards than most! Drivers bolster is worn a bit as always with Dubs, SEE PICS

*A light ding to the OSF wing in line with the door trim, I didn't even notice it until I was washing it. SEE PICS

*General feint/ light scratches, swirls, etc as you'd expect from a 10 year old car, nothing out of the ordinary I just like to be honest! :)

*The gear linkage is a bit sloppy, but I'm used to rod change gearboxes not cable change, so may not be that bad? The gearbox is fine, no crunching or whining, etc. Didn't feel any play in the 'box linkage itself when I had the engine out.

*Passenger window mechanism is broken. It's not the regulator/motor as normal, it's the cable that got damaged (it was like it when I got it) so needs a new mechanism. Or buy a broken one as the motor is normally faulty, swap the motors over in 5mins, job done :)

*There's a tiny split in the drivers door lock vacuum pipe. This means when you unlock the car the pneumatic pump that runs the central locking keeps going for 30 secs or so. The central locking still functions fine, it's just a bit annoying.

*NSF tyre; the valve needs replaced as it slowly leaks air, may be able to be tightened up but I don't have a valve key. a agrage would charge you about £5 for this.

*Backbox has a mild blow, or it's an aftermarket box, it just sounds a little too loud for o.e. standards. May even be the joint between the pipes, I doubt it though as I put new brackets on and would have remembered that.

Overall:

A pretty good little car really, since I've done the cambelt and the engine's only on 60k miles, it should carry on for a good few trouble free years yet! It's not a minter, but I'm not after mint money, I've priced it at what I believe to be a good price, taking into account the niggles above it shouldn't be more than £100 or so and a bit of TLC to get it up there! I can supply you with a few websites, etc that are good for getting parts and info if you need to. I'm also willing to do the work for you at my convenience if you get the parts required.

[img][IMG]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/e ... CF1120.jpg[/img][/img]