Quiet forum

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
GuyGTi
Getting There!

Quiet forum

Post by GuyGTi »

i must admit this place is pretty quiet. i was looking back at the old posts and there was alot of people here. where have they gone :o i was part of the 106 owners (shamefully :p ) and it was uber busy i guess its a more popular car for some reason!
alpolo9n
Getting There!

Re: Quiet forum

Post by alpolo9n »

I agree with you. I have a post up and not many viewing and obviously not much help. I have been a member since 2007 ever since I first got my Polo but at the time I thought its because the polo 9n3 is a new car so not many people would know much technical stuff about it. I was wrong I guess. Still the number of people here are limited.

I think I am going to just let my membership here fade away a quiet and slow death :cry: .

So long guys. Enjoy your VolksWagen..... I hope to sell my polo soon. Too much trouble for what its worth. But i do have to admit it has serve me and my family well. If not for the lying and cheating blood sucking dealer we have here representing VW, I would have love the car much much more and stay with VW for the long haul. The new Scirocco doesn't look too bad.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that its all just down to the typical age and car fixing demographic of Volkswagen owners. Maybe stay here but also join Briskoda (Fabia) and Seatcupra (Ibiza) forums as the Skoda folk tend to sort out their own car and so do the Seat folk to a lesser extent until the cars are in the hands of their second owner. Maybe a cruel but true(ish) observation is that your typical Polo forum covering cars less than 2 years old, will have more than its fair share of "how big can I go getting better wheels for my mums car" - well that was the way things were when I first joined uk-polos desperate for similar views and fixs to the usual problems. As the model ages, like the Seatcupra, more and more people will start sorting out their own cars - but they will always be a bit behind the Seatcupra gang - as I've said already I think its all down to the model's target buyer - second car - bankers wife kind of thing (I'm not a banker and the Polo we have works for its living my getting my wife to and from work - well when there is no snow or ice!).
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

alpolo9n wrote:I agree with you. I have a post up and not many viewing and obviously not much help. I have been a member since 2007 ever since I first got my Polo but at the time I thought its because the polo 9n3 is a new car so not many people would know much technical stuff about it. I was wrong I guess. Still the number of people here are limited.
If I were you I would join www.seatcupra.net (Ibiza section) and maybe even www.briskoda.net (Fabia section) and repost any topics that you are not getting answers for. It might not help, but there again it might - it is always a bit disheartening when no one answers your new topic and it disappears off onto the next page and you feel that its gone for ever!
alpolo9n
Getting There!

Post by alpolo9n »

Thanks RUM4MO,

Will certainly have a look at the forums suggested.

Alex
Silver Member

Post by 8080 »

The forum has got an awful lot quieter than 2007 / 2008. The problem is people move on from Polos. On my local VW forum we have members from age 16 to 65, noone leaves when they trade up. In 2007 / 2008 it was all about the 6n2s, those guys have moved on, but there aren't as many 9n/3 guys here to replace them.

I think the ban on sigs hasn't helped at all. I know the old guys with 6n2s here, and have met a of few of them too, but don't I know the 9n3 guys at all. All the new members are just names to me. Back in day everyone had their car in their sig, and a link to their build thread, so you got to know them.
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

Bring back the sigs i think! Forum looks too basic!
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

KennyPOLO_Gti wrote:Bring back the sigs i think! Forum looks too basic!

Agreed