gti cutting out?

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Minstral
Getting There!

gti cutting out?

Post by Minstral »

recently my 6n2 gti has started cutting out for no reason. yesterday i pulled up to some traffic lights stopped and it just conked out. wouldnt start straight away and the battery light came on. waited about 30 secs came back on, then about 20 yards down the road exact same thing happned.
on the way to work today it was fine then on the way home done it again although this time it was whilst i was moving. have had a look at vag com 2 days ago says about the lamda sensor' but wouldnt have thought this would effect it. ive had no ecu lights or anything only the battery when it just randomly stops
Minstral
Getting There!

Re: gti cutting out?

Post by Minstral »

ive put 2 of the codes in ross tech and 1 the results says the engine speed sensor (no signal), symtons are engine shuts off. says at the bottom this can also be a result of the crankshaft position being wrong

if anyone can tell me were this is located on the gti then i can see if its something i can do myself
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

The crank sensor is located to the back of the engine - I've got a crank sensor to change on mine.

It's a bit tricky to get to, basically you need to take the inlet manifold and the started motor off to get to it. So it's not a quick 5 minute job.

Out of curiosity, what was the other fault code?
caomom830
New

Fine for Parking

Post by caomom830 »

Tell me again," asked the judge, "why you parked there?" The driver rose and answered respectfully, "Because, Your Honor, it said 'Fine for Parking'" pay some money for doing something wrong.

[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]No [/font][font=Arial]money[/font][font=Arial] no way in real life,no [/font][font=Arial]gold[/font][font=Arial] no way in game![/font]
idan
New

Post by idan »

EGR!