standard ride height.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
ben3486
Bronze Member

standard ride height.

Post by ben3486 »

I did do a search and i did find alex's post about ride height but im not sure where he measured from.... so i was wondering if any one else knew? maybe from the bottom center of the front splitter? or dead center top of the arches? i know i should of measured it all but i was excited about getting ym coilovers on lol. Just need some wheels now as my rx2's are so so scruffy. I need your 16" rx2's alex...or just some one piece rx's lol. Thanks in advance.
wheelmanwayne
Bronze Member

Re: standard ride height.

Post by wheelmanwayne »

the correct way to measure the ride height is from the center of the hub to the center top of the arch
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Your not having my RX2s :P

Im down 45mm on the 16s on a 195/40. Based on the fact GTIs are already 10mm lower its only a 35mm drop as such
Kelk11
Bronze Member

Post by Kelk11 »

Ben keep an eye out in the for sale section over the next couple of weeks for some 16" rx2's. Have one to finish refurbing then there going!
ben3486
Bronze Member

Post by ben3486 »

a little too soon for me to be buying wheels lol...missus isnt working at the mo so money is tight. On another note....whats a fair price for gti springs and shocks? used obv as theyre off my car and one rear shock is dead. Also is it normal for coilovers to knock and creak? first time ive had them so its all a bit new