Polo GTI Vs MK4 Golf GTI

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
nigelelliott394
Gold Member

Polo GTI Vs MK4 Golf GTI

Post by nigelelliott394 »

...No, I'm not talking about in a race (Please, do feel free to comment on the performance side of things though). I'm talking about which is a better buy... the pro's and cons of both. I'm seriously torn between the 2 right now. I'd love to own either and part of me feels that the Golf (1.8T) has more potential (with a remap it could see close to 200Bhp) something the Polo won't be capable of unless it has an engine conversion. Standard however, they more or less share the same 0 - 60 I believe.

Does the Golf come with climatronic and xenons. What about the gearbox issues? do they come as standard?

I know the answers may be a little bias but I just need some guidance I think :-)
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Re: Polo GTI Vs MK4 Golf GTI

Post by Godderz23 »

I had a mk4 golf gti a couple years ago. Remapped it aswell! To be honest its the best car i have owned. If your gonna spend a bit of money the golf is the better choice. Although mine didn't come with xenons as standard.

However saying that, i like the look of my polo more than the golf. So my advice is.....up to you dude, just dont buy a saxo :wink:

Couple pics of the golf.

6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

What a lovely looking Golf, that looks great 8)

MK4 GTI are great cars, especially if you can get yourself the Anniversary Edition with 180BHP as standard.
I think the Polo's look a lot nicer than the Golf's but in terms of tuning the Golf obviously has much more potential.

GT TDI's are also very quick but that all depends if your into Diesels I guess.
If your looking for out & out performance then go for the Golf (1.8T) GTI but if you want decent performance and great styling then get yourself a Polo GTI.

Just dont get the 2.0 MK4 GTI as they're Gutless and as mentioned above dont get a Saxo! 8)

Ben,
chris meardon
Silver Member

Post by chris meardon »

3 door golfs R32s are possibly the prettiest car VW have produced?? IMO why not replicate one of those?

Polos are great, but they have always been in the shadow of golfs as the understated little brother (I like understated).

polos are more exclusive then golfs and although similair interiors have a nicer finish to than the golf.

If you want exclusive nice runabout with poke and style get the polo

If you want boost get the golf
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

When I was looking at buying, a comparible golf GTI was much more expensive than the Polo GTI... add to that, the insurance being a bit higher...

But I guess if those are not problems for you, then I would go for the golf...

Spend £200 or so on a standard golf for a re-map and panel filter and you would get some imrpessive power gains...