hand brake light flashing and bleeping??

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
nick6n2
Getting There!

hand brake light flashing and bleeping??

Post by nick6n2 »

on my dads polo tdi, his hand brake light flashes and bleeps wen you put the ignition on and it continuously flashes when you start it up but the bleeping goes, any idea's what this could be guys?

nick.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: hand brake light flashing and bleeping??

Post by alexperkins »

Check the brake fluid level asap.
Gary Gee
Bronze Member

Post by Gary Gee »

mine also did this when both my abs wires fell off... but your abs light would be on if that was the problem
nick6n2
Getting There!

Post by nick6n2 »

Gary Gee wrote:mine also did this when both my abs wires fell off... but your abs light would be on if that was the problem

checked brake fluid thats rammed full, maybe to much i dunno why, and the a.b.s light is on to it's like blackpool illuminations lol

nick
Gary Gee
Bronze Member

Post by Gary Gee »

Right well. Take the front wheels off and check the black wire that clips on to the side of the hub behind the disc.. If its not plugged on stick it on then check the wire isn't cut or rubbed down (mine was rubbing on shaft after lowering) and replace them if they are... I had to use my own wire from scrap yard and then connect them and wrap s**t loads of sparky tape on ....

Then once they have been sorted take battery off for 20 mins or so and the fault will reset start car and it should be gone.. If abs light still on drive down street and round block or something and it should go off

Hope this helps
nick6n2
Getting There!

Post by nick6n2 »

thanks for the sound advice mate, i'll give all that a bash then if not it'll have to go on a diagnostic computer i supose, but thanks.

nick