central lockiing. cold mornings

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
vdub10
Bronze Member

central lockiing. cold mornings

Post by vdub10 »

Hiya

Right i have put up with this for so long now it doing my head in ovious been cold i go out to my car expeceting it to open does it ****.
it will either open one door some times or sometimes one but not another or non at all. does any body no how i can discconnect the central locking if that will work so that i have to open all doors with key. well back ones pull pins up. i am sick to death of it. its as if the pump will only push the pins so far up. and not rest. grrr got in it tonight in the end and one of the doors wouldnt close so had to use billy band and tie it to other door. then when it close it wouldnt let me out.

any ideas or anybody experience same prob

tom
l0rne
Bronze Member

Re: central lockiing. cold mornings

Post by l0rne »

dont disconnect your central locking. you need to use wd40 on the locks and on the inside of the doors so it doesnt freeze shut overnight
vdub10
Bronze Member

Post by vdub10 »

were abouts on inside? and yeah gonna give them a good spray with wd40 tomoro?
tom
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

WD40 fixes most things, makes getting rusty exhaust hangers out the rubbers really easy too 8)
l0rne
Bronze Member

Post by l0rne »

just spray wd40 on all locks and when i meant inside, all the rubber seals, around them and then around the edge of the doors (whats not visible when the doors shut)
vdub10
Bronze Member

Post by vdub10 »

right o thats brill cheers guys. sprayed locks today so hopefully that help gonna do seal soon.

cheers
tom
Timox
New

Post by Timox »

I had problem with my 99Polo locks in cold weather, the problem was that when the door was opened it would stay in the open position not allowing the door to be closed. It turned out to be the grease in the lock had a too high viscosity and changing it solved the problem
vdub10
Bronze Member

Post by vdub10 »

i just sprayed me locks with wd40 (mans best friends fixes everything ;) Seems all good now

tom