BC's 6N2 GTi (WIP Thread)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
bstardchild

BC's 6N2 GTi (WIP Thread)

Post by bstardchild »

Copied from the members rides section (to allow some discussion :wink: )

They didn't make a 6n2 GTi in White so I had to find on in my second choice colour Black - with me it's either black, white, grey (as long as it looks black) or green (also as long as it looks black) (please ignore any red cars in any shots please - that was an accident)

Advert pics

Corroded wheels - paintwork keyed and a few bubbles in the paint on the plastic as well as non working electric windows and loads of scruffy trim on the inside meant there was quite a bit of negotiation on the price but the seller came round to my way of thinking

get it home and first thing fix the windows and swap the wheels for the one I'd refurbed for my 1.4 CL

That didn't take long :lol:

Replaced a load of other parts - borrowed a few from the old polo as it was being reverted back to std

Transfer her plate onto it - use and just have fun

No that can't be it surely!!!

Maybe not - I may have

- debadged the rear
- purchased and fitted black front and rear VW Badges
- blacked the front GTi badge - not liked that and reverted to chrome GT and a black i on the front
- fitted headlight protectors
- sunglasses holder
- toerag torch
- occasionally fitted a stubby aerial if it's not school holidays (as they go walkies if left on)
- Fitted Aero Wipers
- Headlight protectirs for the summer (Winter I run without as they are hard to clean without removal)
- fully serviced the car replaced plugs and leads plus all the usual oil/pollen filters and fluids
- fitted K&N panel filter

Annoyingly the MK4 Estate Wiper (covered wiper blade) fouls the spoiler so that's still in a box marked to be ebayed!!

Car was also missing it's tool kit so had to get a complete set from a breaker - luckily it was perfect and never been used.

Next to do

Need to sort the Paintwork out next but it really needs a new exhaust as the locating arms are breaking away from the pipes - fixed it with a couple of exhaust clamps till I can sort out an exhaust - will probably go for a powerflow system with a hidden rear exit as I like the look at the rear

Brake calipers could do with a refresh as they have faded pink

Some lowering springs would be nice - no point going coilovers as it has to be everyday practical and so the ride when jacked up on coilies is way too stiff

Nasty buzzing from the centre console - gearshift area so that's going to have to come out to find out what's loose or causing it.

But currently I've been experimenting with a set of Polo Match Alloys as the BBS RX2's are a fussy wheel to keep clean in the winter (I like a clean car but what I like and what I get or have time for aren't always in line with each other)

bstardchild

Re: BC's 6N2 GTi (WIP Thread)

Post by bstardchild »

Might not be to everyones taste

Yes it's dirty - just too cold tonight to wash it after work but the match alloys were corroded and scuffed on not just the edges either - how on earth anyone can kerb a spoke I don't know :shock:

I was getting a load of bits done in gloss black for the Lotus so threw the wheels in to be done at the same time (cheaper that way)
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Really good looking GTI
I love black 6n2s in 3 door
They just look so right.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Verity wrote:Really good looking GTI
I love black 6n2s in 3 door
They just look so right.
Downside - they need washing a heck of a lot more than a silver one :wink:

(Silver ones you only realise they are dirty when you start to clean em 8) - Black ones look dirty right after you finished cleaning them :roll: )
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Lol I wasn't aloud to get a black car by my boyfriend and parents because scratches show up easily and the dirt of course
It's true, I love cleaning the car loads but I really don't think I could handle a black one lol
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Nice Care mate :) Nice to see another Black GTI on here

Cleaning them is a nightmare as you know, they show up every possible defect as well as dirt, dust and salt.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

16v 100HP alloys - nice choice. Ive got a set of them on the mk3 atm. Will take them off at some point and refurbish them as they are a right state
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

alexperkins wrote:16v 100HP alloys - nice choice. Ive got a set of them on the mk3 atm. Will take them off at some point and refurbish them as they are a right state
Do they have a name? - I didn't know they were on the 16V 100bhp 6N2 - just remember seeing them on the Match version.

I was looking for a set of Kylami wheels in 14 inch as they will go over the GTi brakes with the added bonus you can get winter tyres for them (unlike the 195/45 15's) but the tyres I've had fitted aren't bad in snow or wet so I'll get a set of Toyo for the summer (stick them on the RX2's when I changed the centres over - currect centres are Satin Black (they were on my old 6N 1.4CL and Gloss would have been too much) and I've had four new centres done in Gloss Black :mrgreen: )
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

I think the Match had different alloys which were 6 spoke and not 8, these were also found on SE.

Your rims were only found on the 100bhp 16V Polo's and are quite rare.
They look quality :)
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:I think the Match had different alloys which were 6 spoke and not 8, these were also found on SE.

Ahh - they were a good buy for £60 - even if they were scuffed to heck :roll:

Need to get some daylight shots and clean the car - I'm really liking the black on black :D
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Good news - Well in between repairing a toilet, fitting low voltage lights in the bathroom and insulating the loft I got chance to give her a wash

Bad news - it was dark by the time I finished

Qustion is can I get a snap or two before it gets filthy again..................... :roll:
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:I think the Match had different alloys which were 6 spoke and not 8, these were also found on SE.

And you are so right - there was me thinking they were common as muck match alloys :wink:

Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

Another black 3 door.

Looks nice man. :)
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Few fresh daylight pics of the wheels mainly

I like the Black on Black for winter wheels it's perfect
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Looking good mate, Like the wheels a lot.

However looking a bit high up on them :(