RACED

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

RACED

Post by bennyboy »

just wondering if any one has been messing with any other motors on any roads (main or private) as i would love a go with a mk5 gti just to see the out come. had a play with a bmw 330d yesterday through the gears i was infront but once he got going he cought me up and thats when i eased off due to trying to hold back as still only a few mile on my new engine.
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: RACED

Post by Edi30 »

No one has taken the bait as yet :twisted: Not that I would ever do such a thing :wink: I think my Polo is very much on a par with my Golf GTI MK6 after all VW claim the same 0-60 time.
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

No one played yet really when I've lowered it and painted the wheels etc will attract more attention lol :wink: Remap first too to give the extra edge
POLOS
Bronze Member

Post by POLOS »

My old remapped 330d ate porsche's so he was just playing
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Had a play with a Civic type R today only a very quick blast and there did not appear to be anything in it but it was too short to really tell.
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

Edi30 wrote:No one has taken the bait as yet :twisted: Not that I would ever do such a thing :wink: I think my Polo is very much on a par with my Golf GTI MK6 after all VW claim the same 0-60 time.
I've heard from the Service Manager at my local VW dealership that two of the salesman tried this very same test. Apparently the Polo beat the Golf on both occasions.
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

Tyler Owen wrote:
Edi30 wrote:No one has taken the bait as yet :twisted: Not that I would ever do such a thing :wink: I think my Polo is very much on a par with my Golf GTI MK6 after all VW claim the same 0-60 time.
I've heard from the Service Manager at my local VW dealership that two of the salesman tried this very same test. Apparently the Polo beat the Golf on both occasions.
Good lol my Polo feels really quick now its near 3000 miles and many seat cupra with same engine have got near 200 bhp on 99 ron standard map
LUPERSTAR
New

Post by LUPERSTAR »

I can tell you that my 1.2 3cylinder Polo completely murdered a Citreon Berlingo today. lol.
I need someone to take me a drive in a GTi. All I'm hearing is good news. Jealous.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Tyler Owen wrote:I've heard from the Service Manager at my local VW dealership that two of the salesman tried this very same test. Apparently the Polo beat the Golf on both occasions.
I can well beleive it. As I am always swapping between the two each time I get in to the other it feels faster :? It's no good I am just going to get the other half (she drives very quickly sometimes) to give me a race and then swap to see which is faster. :lol:
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

My mates 106 gti 150 bhp with a diff 0 Polo gti Revo 3
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

Where you drunk last night?

It makes no sense !
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

Tyler Owen wrote:Where you drunk last night?

It makes no sense !
Sorry lol I mean I beat a 106 gti stripped out with an LSD etc in my Polo gti with Revo map
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

well i had fun with a leon FR 07 plate for just under a mile came off the round about neck and neck and we both floored it i just got in front befor the road went back into 1 lane, there was next to nothing in it every gear i just kept edgeing a little at a time.
+
funny thing was the next night same road same situation with a clio cup and it was a dead heat till we caught up the traffic .
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

bennyboy wrote:well i had fun with a leon FR 07 plate for just under a mile came off the round about neck and neck and we both floored it i just got in front befor the road went back into 1 lane, there was next to nothing in it every gear i just kept edgeing a little at a time.
+
funny thing was the next night same road same situation with a clio cup and it was a dead heat till we caught up the traffic .
Get a remap you know u want to;-)
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

i know that you know i would love 1 lol :lol:
so come on then give my some stats i.e price for a stage 1 , what the gains are , and this must be a issue regarding warrenty .