Post by daydotz »

what rattles in your polo ive noticed a few cant seem to pin them down though
bit surprised expecting German build quality :(

still undecided but i think my clio had less :shock:
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: rattles

Post by Edi30 »

daydotz wrote:what rattles in your polo ive noticed a few cant seem to pin them down though
bit surprised expecting German build quality :(

still undecided but i think my clio had less :shock:
None in mine as yet. This is something which I have noticed as an improvement over my MK5 Golf ED 30 both Polo and Golf MK6 have no rattles at all :D
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

Mine has no rattles (1.4 16v), is 16 months old, does 48 miles to gallon (5.8 litres/100km), has covered 23,000kms without using any oil and has yet to be serviced (due at 30,000kms). It was built in Pamplona, Spain. Maybe yours is a South African one...
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

Grey_Polo wrote:Mine has no rattles (1.4 16v), is 16 months old, does 48 miles to gallon (5.8 litres/100km), has covered 23,000kms without using any oil and has yet to be serviced (due at 30,000kms). It was built in Pamplona, Spain. Maybe yours is a South African one...
how would i check my dealer said something about where my car was being made but it was so long ago i cant remember although he may have been misinformed

to be fair on the car im looking for as many faults as i can find i hate it :oops:

rattles every time i hit a rough bit of road

ive had a few odd issues with the boot not opening the vw badge/handle feels flimsy

i hate reversing it dsg is a pain to reverse slowly

the rear window wiper does not wipe wide enough

the boot struts seem a bit weak

check safe locking even though ive enabled it
big_amir
Getting There!

Post by big_amir »

I had a rattle around the odometer. It became apparent after a couple trips to work mainly on rough roads and ramps. There's a small gap between the speedo display and dash easily fixed by dealer with a nice thin bit of foam.
ChunSel90
New

Post by ChunSel90 »

I know this sounds stupid, but do you still here the rattles with the music off?

A few weeks back i had similair problems heard rattles around the car but couldn't locate it, having turned the music down the rattles had gone

In the sides of the door i had put some random items, and basically the bass from the music was making it rattle, put them away and now i no longer have rattles?

Just a suggestion, incase people made my mistake :)
daydotz
Silver Member

rattles

Post by daydotz »

Ive tried a few things with music off
I originally thought it was the parcel shelf so took that out no different I've looked at all the trims nothing is noticeably loose

Im going to empty the car an see if it's something I put in I did wonder if my USB stick was moving about

I can't find where they are :(
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

daydotz wrote: how would i check my dealer said something about where my car was being made but it was so long ago i cant remember although he may have been misinformed
My understanding is that most, but not all RHD version of the current Polo are made in South Africa. Likewise the LHD models in Pamplona,
daydotz wrote:to be fair on the car im looking for as many faults as i can find i hate it :oops:
:shock:
daydotz wrote:rattles every time i hit a rough bit of road
Mine has no rattles.
daydotz wrote:ive had a few odd issues with the boot not opening the vw badge/handle feels flimsy
The boot requires a certain technique to open it in one smooth movement. But I can't say the badge is weak in anyway
daydotz wrote:i hate reversing it dsg is a pain to reverse slowly
Mine has 'hill assist' and when the foot is off the break, the revs increase to about 1000rpm which allows slow forward and reversing
daydotz wrote:the rear window wiper does not wipe wide enough
The rear window is small and were the wiper much longer it would foul the edge of the window.
daydotz wrote:the boot struts seem a bit weak
How? Mine seem fine.
daydotz wrote:check safe locking even though ive enabled it
I don't understand this sentence! :cry:
daydotz
Silver Member

rattles

Post by daydotz »

Grey_Polo wrote:
daydotz wrote: how would i check my dealer said something about where my car was being made but it was so long ago i cant remember although he may have been misinformed
My understanding is that most, but not all RHD version of the current Polo are made in South Africa. Likewise the LHD models in Pamplona,
daydotz wrote:to be fair on the car im looking for as many faults as i can find i hate it :oops:
:shock:
daydotz wrote:rattles every time i hit a rough bit of road
Mine has no rattles.
daydotz wrote:ive had a few odd issues with the boot not opening the vw badge/handle feels flimsy
The boot requires a certain technique to open it in one smooth movement. But I can't say the badge is weak in anyway
daydotz wrote:i hate reversing it dsg is a pain to reverse slowly
Mine has 'hill assist' and when the foot is off the break, the revs increase to about 1000rpm which allows slow forward and reversing
daydotz wrote:the rear window wiper does not wipe wide enough
The rear window is small and were the wiper much longer it would foul the edge of the window.
daydotz wrote:the boot struts seem a bit weak
How? Mine seem fine.
daydotz wrote:check safe locking even though ive enabled it
I don't understand this sentence! :cry:

I've found a bit of trim on the passenger side which says Spain
If you look in the footwell on the left
;) secret compartment

I've activated auto locking/unlocking
I use to get a warning about checking safe locking I still seem to get this ocassionly

Based on what your saying about revs I can't say my revs change the car seems hold it's self I can take my foot off the brake if I'm moving slow enough an the car won't move on a slope

Wiper I thought I could change it but like you say it's to long now

Boot struts maybe they fine
The vw badge just seems very lightly sprung
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

The first problem is that there are no German built polos, GTIs come from pamplona along with some 3 Dr models, the others come from SA.

The major rattle issue stems from the fuel lines rattling against the bodywork, this is a very common issue and every dealer here in australia knows about this fix, yet we hav only had the 6R polo in the country for 9 months, strange that this is not being immediately addressed over there, I though only we had sh**house service from VW!