A few questions

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

A few questions

Post by KarlM »

Right, i'm going retro with my next car and i dont think the mk3 will cut it - so i was decided on a golf. But then i've seen a couple of Audi 50s/Mk1s on the continent that i REALLY like the look of.

So can someone give me a bit more info about these cars, how much are they worth, major faults and the best place to find one!

thanks in advance

Karl
86C
Getting There!

Post by 86C »

Faults... Rust, rust and more rust! Oh, and s**t brakes. Bits are getting hard to find now.
Best cars are the ones that the little old lady down the road has and hasn't used for years, they crop up occasionally :wink:
VF_Marshall
Getting There!

Post by VF_Marshall »

Karl - See this one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 03101&rd=1

I've seen this particular car last year, and it's in timewarp condition. Not perfect, but a very sound basis for a project.

Cheers

Vic

PS Don't listen to 86C - he just gets his polo's given to him free (although i'm not REALLY jealous.....!!!)
Stu
Getting There!

Post by Stu »

VF_Marshall wrote:Karl - See this one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 03101&rd=1
Exactly the same model as mine! Good condition too, the guy has been trying to sell it for a while, must have decided on ebay now. Low mileage too, thought mine was barely run-in at 53k! :shock:

Ditto what the others say about s**t brakes and rust, great little cars though in decent condition. I've got a few original sales brochures for 77 and 79 Polo's if anyone is interested by the way? :D
86C
Getting There!

Post by 86C »

VF_Marshall wrote:PS Don't listen to 86C - he just gets his polo's given to him free (although i'm not REALLY jealous.....!!!)
Didn't you get that blue Derby that you're currently working on for free Vic??? :wink:
VF_Marshall
Getting There!

Post by VF_Marshall »

Hmm Maybe - ahh, but it was a load of s**t... It's getting much better now though. It even has a drivers side sill on now! Might even be ready for inters 2040.
- Vic