Mending rear wiper spray.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
ChrisRaeburn
New

Post by ChrisRaeburn »

Hi all, I'm currently not in a good enough financial position to properly modify my car (tints, alloys, lowering, etc.) so I'm just spending my time/little money that I have very wisely on fixing all the little things that aren't perfect on my car.

One of these things is the rear window-wiper spray, I have been told that there are 2 places that this leak can take place and so have done a little DIY diagnostics!The leaks is coming out from underneath the front-left of the engine bay.

I cannot see any feasible way of getting in there to fix this without either removing the bumper & lights or the entire engine!

Can anybody with experience in this area please help me?

Thanks,
Chris.
chewy
Platinum Member

Re: Mending rear wiper spray.

Post by chewy »

What engine do you have?

Could try taking them n/s wheel and arch liner off
ChrisRaeburn
New

Post by ChrisRaeburn »

'tis a 1.2 (unfortunately), I have pretty bad bumper damage (someone crashed into it when I was asleep :twisted:) and one of my headlights has fogged so when I get enough money I'm going to look into fixing those, I suppose I could try and fix the leak at the same time but I sort of just want to get it out of the way. Has anybody out there had this problem themselves?
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

The pipes are under the air filter check out seatcupra.net ibiza mk4 fAq there is a guide in there. I have the problem myself but ive learnt to live with it there is no permanant fix as far im aware
fonzooorooo
Bronze Member

Post by fonzooorooo »

It's only a few minutes to get the bumper off. If you can't see another way, you may as well go for that!