Houston's Polo 9n

Post pictures of your car! (Max size 30k each - 800x600)
Houston
New

Houston's Polo 9n

Post by Houston »

Well im new to this site, ive been meaning to join for ages. Im a member on ScottishVag but wanted to join a forum with abit more 9n owners.
Anyway, here is my 2003 Polo 9n. I bought it in March 2010 and started modding it this year.

Spec;
Model: Polo E
Engine: 1.2, 55BHP, k&n 57i filter.
Suspension: TA Coilovers (wound right down) helpers and rear pots out, got a set of FK ones ready to go on after winter (after some welding :wink: )
Brakes: Front green stuff pads
Wheels and Tyres: 16" Cades Eros in silver
Exterior Styling: Tinted windows (55 front, 20 back) ,de-wipered, painted badges, 9n3 rear lights, black angel eyes, Hids,
Interior Styling: Stock
ICE and Security: Sony xpod single din cd player, a simple custom boot install with vibe 12"sub powered by a vibe A7 amp and 2 vibe 6" mids

After winter ill be fitting some new wheels hopefully, still not decided what kind. been seriously thinking about a set of Rotiform BLQ's 17*8". Along with the wheels ill be lowering it more, and getting the stance right. Ive also got a spare bumper that im getting the bumpstrip recess smoothed out and the join at the bottom smoothed.

Not sure what else ill be doing, plenty ideas but funds wont allow just now.

When I first got it

As it is now

need of a polish

Thanks for looking

Comments welcome, good and bad.

James
marksdesigns
New

Re: Houston's Polo 9n

Post by marksdesigns »

she's looking good James. one question - with your back lights, was it trouble getting them in? i was thinking about swopping mine but heard they were a bit fiddly to do..?

cheers :shock: :D
Houston
New

Post by Houston »

marksdesigns wrote:she's looking good James. one question - with your back lights, was it trouble getting them in? i was thinking about swopping mine but heard they were a bit fiddly to do..?

Thanks.
It's just a matter of rewiring them. I cut the connector off, crimped spade connectors on and pushed them onto the correct terminals.
Other than the wiring it's a straight swap.
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Gti international this year? Check out meet section will be good.
marksdesigns
New

Post by marksdesigns »

Houston wrote:
marksdesigns wrote:she's looking good James. one question - with your back lights, was it trouble getting them in? i was thinking about swopping mine but heard they were a bit fiddly to do..?

Thanks.
It's just a matter of rewiring them. I cut the connector off, crimped spade connectors on and pushed them onto the correct terminals.
Other than the wiring it's a straight swap.

coolio, thanks for that.
kristafari
Silver Member

Post by kristafari »

nice car mate i like what you've done with it, looks smart.

question ur headlights i know they are the black angel eyes but could you tell me the difference between these two?

http://www.fk-shop.de/en/my-product-com ... 071&pgNr=0
Houston
New

Post by Houston »

kristafari wrote:nice car mate i like what you've done with it, looks smart.

question ur headlights i know they are the black angel eyes but could you tell me the difference between these two?

http://www.fk-shop.de/en/my-product-com ... 071&pgNr=0
link doesnt work, but im guessing you are looking at two sets and one set looks the same but is about £40 more expensive, the diffrence is that one has the electric motors for leveling and the other doesnt.
Houston
New

Post by Houston »

g__humm wrote:Gti international this year? Check out meet section will be good.
Ive just had a look at it, need to try and get time off work.
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

nice
Houston
New

Post by Houston »

Well it saddens me to say this but my polo will be up for sale soon. I've just bought a fully restored Mk1 golf gti cabby sportline. At the price I got offered it for, I couldn't say no.
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

8)