How low can you go!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Scotty93
New

How low can you go!

Post by Scotty93 »

Hey!
I've recently been offered a great deal on a polo which I can't resist and I just want to get everything ready for when I get it.

I've been looking at JOM coilovers on eBay which will take it down around 100mm so what's the best size alloy to go with it?
I also want some bbs reps but most don't come in 5x100 so has anyone got an alternative?
Scotty93
New

Re: How low can you go!

Post by Scotty93 »

bump
jakovdub
Silver Member

Post by jakovdub »

if you look for mashmariner on here dude, he running 17s on a decked 6R, black 6R with green amg wheels, speak to him :P

pretty sure you can go as low as you want, also id say 16s would be comfortable but 17s can be done just not sure about tyre wear etc
jamesagordon
Bronze Member

Post by jamesagordon »

Scotty93 wrote:Hey!
I've recently been offered a great deal on a polo which I can't resist and I just want to get everything ready for when I get it.

I've been looking at JOM coilovers on eBay which will take it down around 100mm so what's the best size alloy to go with it?
I also want some bbs reps but most don't come in 5x100 so has anyone got an alternative?
Adapters for the wheels mate, if you look around or get em from people getting rid of some you can usually get a set for about £80. Coilovers on the 6r won't get you THAT low, depends how you want it to sit, I've dropped mine all the way and took the adjusters and mounts out the rear and taking the helpers out the front soon but it's not as low as some other cars go, only way to get it ridiculous is to look into getting your springs cut