Front bushes gone GTi - help!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Front bushes gone GTi - help!

Post by Polo96CL »

Hiya,

Took my GTi in for MOT today and have been told the front lower control arm bush on the right side has loads of play and needs replacing.

Apparently it's the bush that mounts to the subframe? They are struggling to find the OEM replacement part, I hear Seat Leon solid bushes are supposed to be good? I need some assistance in finding the right part,

Dom_
Silver Member

Re: Front bushes gone GTi - help!

Post by Dom_ »

If it's still got the original voided bushes in, they are obsolete now anyway (because they're s**t). Seat bushes are a good upgrade and will firm the front end of the car up a lot, but the down side is that (apparently) you get a lot more cabin noise when it comes to bumps etc as there is no give in the bush so all the energy is transferred through the car!

http://dieselpower.cz/forum/userpix/959 ... ej_1_1.jpg

Top is the standard obsolete bush and bottom is the newer ones they use, so as you can see you still get a bit of movement in the bush, but nowhere near as much as the old style :)

Part no is 1K0 407 183 E for the new bushes, and make they change both and set up the tracking after
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

I've actually got a set of the seat bushes in my room which aren't going to be used so you could buy them off me for £10 and ill post them to you?
buzzmotorsport
Bronze Member

Post by buzzmotorsport »

^Thats a good deal there :D

I have the cupra bushes and it does increase the vibration but the steering feel is massively improved!

Alex
Zaccy9n
New

Post by Zaccy9n »

Mr blobby, still got those bushes for sale?
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

Zaccy9n wrote:Mr blobby, still got those bushes for sale?
I'm afraid not, I sold them. If you want some you are best off buying the power flex ones as they are better :) I've got them on my car.
rover220
Gold Member

Post by rover220 »

Mine failed its mot on friday due to these bushes.

Picked up some powerflex bushes on saturday and fitted them. Very easy to fit and the car is now at its best again.

Id pick powerflex over cupra bushes all day long. You csn fit the powerflex by hand without any tools to press them in. Ive also had no increase in vibrations that most people with the cupra bushes complain about.