1.4 tdi with pd160 air intake?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Tmwarner
New

1.4 tdi with pd160 air intake?

Post by Tmwarner »

Hi,

Just wanted to know if a seat ibiza cupra pd160 air intake can be fitted to a Polo?
I've got a 1.4 tdi 2003 Polo and would like a few mods.
If anyone could let me know I'd really appreciate :)
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Re: 1.4 tdi with pd160 air intake?

Post by Ben90 »

Yes it will, and is a common mod to be fitted along with a cotton panel filter (K&N, pipercross) to improve airflow, some argue it's just a placebo though, I have this setup and I'm indifferent.

Honestly though on a 1.4 I'm not sure it's necessary as the three cylinders won't need that much more air, I've got one on my 1.9 and for the £60 pricetag I can't tell a spot of difference. What did make a huge difference for me though was a stage 1 remap :) I'd recommend getting yours mapped too, much more bang for your buck. :D
Tmwarner
New

Post by Tmwarner »

Okay, I've already gone for the K&N cotton panel filter.
Alright, so would you spend the money and get one if you knew this before?
Ah cool, I'll look into the remap, sounds good :)

Wanted to ask, is it a straight swap to upgrade the front speakers?
Also, are there many options regarding exhaust upgrades?

Sorry for all the questions.
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

Probably, but that's only because I know I can get the money back when I'm finished with it.
As for the remap, it's a chunk of money you don't get back, but for me it was still money better spent.

Speakers I don't know, I'm happy with mine. I think they come riveted to a plastic mount that you have to drill out and find speakers of a similar size. Somebody more audio-technical could help you there.

As for exhaust upgrades you could get hold of a system from a 9n3 gti with twin chrome tailpipes which always looks good. (around £150 secondhand if you can find it) Jetex do a kit for the 9n3 and so do Milltek, but we're talking more serious money for those. (£400ish) The stock exhaust is good enough at the power you're running really, if you only want to improve the look you could cut the downward pointing pipes off the back box and have some straight pipes welded on with some chrome exhaust tips, I've seen it done to good effect!
Tmwarner
New

Post by Tmwarner »

Okay, fair enough. I'm definitely going to look into the remap, sounds promising!

Alright man, I've put another post up about speakers, hopefully someone with who has replaced them before will reply.

Okay, £150 doesn't sound too bad :) I'll have a look around for a 9n3 gti system.
Alright, see how many goes I guess.
Thanks for the replies.
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

The 160 intake pipe is only really needed for beyond 200 hp it just allows more air ready to be sucked in.
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

Be better off getting a re map done and a decent air filter.