Car Cleaning

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
lovemypolo6r
New

Car Cleaning

Post by lovemypolo6r »

Hello, am new on here but i have just got my new 2012 Polo R-line in white. ive only had it 17 days and its already dirty, what are the best car cleaning products you guys would advise i used on it? i need a shampoo and then a polish that is suitable for a white car? thanks x
trigg123
Getting There!

Re: Car Cleaning

Post by trigg123 »

Hi
and welcome.......this is a mine field in reality! Its down to how much of a "crank" you want to be with your car? you could go for the snow foam then wash with the 2 bucket system and a coat of polish etc etc. or if its just to simply clean the car weekly jet wash if you have one. pre wash it with the jet wash,then wash it with the 2 bucket method ,dry it and polish it. Everyone has there own favourites when it comes to polish with various price tags. But as a guide id be happy to use Autoglym silicone resin polish on it. It really is what your happy with and of course your budget. but would say the autoglym will be a good starting point,of course microfibre cloths are a must.
just shout if your unsure and good luck
regards Trigg
ps dont use washing up liquid to wash the car!!
gavs
Silver Member

Car Cleaning

Post by gavs »

The best paint care you can get on a white ca is nanolex paint sealant and the top-up shampoo. If you rinse the main contaminants off the car every week and shampoo every month or even more regularly, the sealant will protect your paintwork for up to 12 months and make cleaning a doddle:)
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

I have Nanolex pro paint sealant on mine. I may try in the new year Concourse car care's CERAMISHIELD.

http://www.concoursonline.co.uk/ceramishield

I wash it with
Autobrite Citrus wash as a pre wash,
then Autobrite Magifoam let it dwell for 5 to 10 mins,
Rinse off,

Then 2 bucket method with Autobrite Bananna Gloss.

Rinse off with my DE-Ionised resin chamber.
Then dry off with my Metro Masterblaster.

If i have any tar or iron deposits i go over the car again with Concourse car care Dissolver! Then re rinse with de-ionised water and re dry with blaster.

Then 9 times out of 10 it pi$$es down half an hour later and car is full of $hit again :lol:
lovemypolo6r
New

Post by lovemypolo6r »

thanks guys.. i will most likely wax the car only like once a month and then the rest of the time its juts a wash to keep it looking fresh.. whats the best weekly shampoo to use? i really dont want the white going cream or loosing the gloss it has. are there any shampoos that will leave the car with the sheeting affect? Any advice on the snow gun/machine and power jets? thanks x :D
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Autobrite snow foam lance for me with their magifoam. They have a special deal where it is cheaper to buy the gun and Snow foam together. You just need to know what connector you need that will fit your pressure washer. If you phone them and ask for the deal that is on Detailing World Forum. The banana gloss from them is really nice i have a Candy white polo and wash it when the weather allows and always comes up nice. Plus it smells of bananna when your washing and looks glossy when your finished. :D
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

You shouldn't need to wax once a month ( your car i mean :wink: ) as some wax makes white cars have a yellow hue to them as the layer builds up! That's why a sealant looks crisper on white. :D
JCT 1991
Bronze Member

Post by JCT 1991 »

How often would you recommend polishing a car ?

I'm currently washing weekly and polishing every other week is this overkill ?