Tyres

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JCT 1991
Bronze Member

Tyres

Post by JCT 1991 »

Just wondering what tyres everybody is running on and if anybody has any major pro's or con's for them

I've had a set of the Dunlop sport Maxx which are the standard but I'm looking at moving over to some Uniroyal rainsport2's
Last edited by JCT 1991 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Re: There's

Post by jimbo_tdi »

I've been running on the Dunlop SP Sport 01's and they're awful if the rain but give good traction in the dry though. I've been looking at the Dunlop Fast Response to replace this set, been getting good reviews everywhere I've read. :)
New

Re: There's

Post by AvatarX »

jimbo_tdi wrote:I've been running on the Dunlop SP Sport 01's and they're awful if the rain but give good traction in the dry though. I've been looking at the Dunlop Fast Response to replace this set, been getting good reviews everywhere I've read. :)
Hi.

I have replaced my stock Dunlop SP Sport 01 185/60 R15, 84T after almost 3 years and 50000 km, with Dunlop Fast Response 88H. They are good tyres, but they are summer tyres, so they are great in dry roads, but not very good in wet. They are very good in handling though and in general I am quite happy with them.

Also Fast Response rating is not that good according to the new EU rating (mine has F for efficiency, C for wet braking) http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/eu-tyre-labelling.asp.

I've heard from a friend that Continental Premimum Contact 5 are really good.
gavs
Silver Member

Tyres

Post by gavs »

Federal 595 Evo here. Excellent dry grip and pretty darn good wet considering the tread pattern.