DSG Problem

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Powrigan
New

DSG Problem

Post by Powrigan »

Hello All,

OK, So I was driving along happily and came to a junction, I pulled out and suddenly the engine got stuck at 2000rpm and the Accelerator and brake Pedals both became unresponsive, and neither auto or paddle mode would change the gears. The only way I could stop was to force it into Neutral switch off the engine and use my handbrake. After I restarted the engine all was fine.

Any idea's what could have caused the above problem, and luckily no cars were behind or in front of me, otherwise I may have a smashed Polo.

Thanks for reading and appreciate any feedback.
gavs
Silver Member

DSG Problem

Post by gavs »

Fault in the mechatronics issue, very common problem. Report it to the dealership and get them to look at it, most likely it's thrown a code.
NMavs
Gold Member

Re: DSG Problem

Post by NMavs »

Yes, had this problem for 10 months with my GTI. Mine was used as a test dummy with some new coding. All seems well for over a year now, fingers crossed. Get it back into your dealership. The only problem you will have is getting them to witness the DSG faulting as the ecu doesnt store the error code where the dealerships scan for it. Its logged in a hidden block that only the technicians at HQ can read. They will more than likely send a copy of your ecu file to germany for them to look over. Let us know how you go one mate.
Powrigan
New

Post by Powrigan »

NMavs wrote:Yes, had this problem for 10 months with my GTI. Mine was used as a test dummy with some new coding. All seems well for over a year now, fingers crossed. Get it back into your dealership. The only problem you will have is getting them to witness the DSG faulting as the ecu doesnt store the error code where the dealerships scan for it. Its logged in a hidden block that only the technicians at HQ can read. They will more than likely send a copy of your ecu file to germany for them to look over. Let us know how you go one mate.
Will post what VW say, It is booked in for Monday. Before they did the changes to yours how often did it happen to you?.
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Well there wasn't really any pattern to it happening. Sometimes it would go days before doing it, other times it would do it two / three times a day. Never did it when the dealers had it :-( until eventually they finally witnessed itafter driving it for a week.
Powrigan
New

Post by Powrigan »

Just got it back from VW, they said they saw no problem and they updated the DSG software as it was out of date.
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Sounds about right. Hopefully the updated DSG software sorts your problem mate.
mozzapologti
Getting There!

Post by mozzapologti »

I haven't had this problem but aunties gets stuck in thrid and you have to change it on stick or paddles or by lifting of accelerator then reapply and recently when cold it's to feel like its speeding up and slowing b it's self any one else had this problem
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

I havent expieranced the 1st problem you mention mate, but i would seriously take it back if mine was doing that. Sounds like a faulty mechatronics unit. But recently the car does seem to rev more than usual when you release the footbrake from stand still in both drive and manual when the engines cold. And it does also seem to feel like it speeds up / slows down on its own sometimes too. Think its just the cold air, will see how mine goes on when the weather starts to warm up again.