whos down for a surrey meet?

Organise Meetings and Events!
merstham_phil
Getting There!

whos down for a surrey meet?

Post by merstham_phil »

been talking to few ppl, found out there are actually polo owners around here!!!! :D

any got any suggestions?

whens good for ppl, n wheres a good place?

will get this goin on both polo forums, might get a half decent turnout this time!
dub envy

Post by dub envy »

yeah maybe more than 6 cars will turn up...

but you know, it will be the same old story...

"i cant afford the petrol as there was another meet the same week.... cant do both.."

"it's raining"

"can you make it sunday instead of saturday as I work saturday" (and then still not show up on the sunday)

"blah blah blah"

I'll turn up.
merstham_phil
Getting There!

Post by merstham_phil »

yeh innit!!!

well we'll see this time...... hopefully be gd
concept-e
Bronze Member

Post by concept-e »

Yeh me & Merstham Phil were talking about this. Definitely have to sort something out, preferably away from Croydon, where proper veedubbers come, without all the idiots at some well known nearby cruises! (cough cough Croydon, Sutton)

I know people who will come. We are tired of all the modded polo owners living up north! There are some down here im sure! Near The A23 would be good, and kinda central, say redhill, or as Phil said Reigate is a possibility.

Steve
mk2matt
Silver Member

Post by mk2matt »

there is a vw meeting at ladymead retail park in guildford wed 9th june.
i will be there and a couple of the other southern massive.
concept-e
Bronze Member

Post by concept-e »

Yeh thats true, but I was hoping there could be a Veedub meet nearer. There is already No-rice down in Guildford, we were hoping to start up a different meet, obviously not as big, but there is potential for quite a few cars if the word got round.

Merstham Phil, PM me your mobile number - ll txt/call you to sort this out as I can't always get to the computer.

Steve
merstham_phil
Getting There!

Post by merstham_phil »

anyone still up for sorting this?
dub envy

Post by dub envy »

nope.

I found the location, and sorted a time and dte for the last meet, and to be honest I can't be bothered to do it again as no one turns up.

Basically. Set a time and location and I'll see if I can be there.

Although saying that, there now seem to be a lot more people on uk-p from surrey, so won't have to even bother with the whingy whining scrotum sacks on porka.
merstham_phil
Getting There!

Post by merstham_phil »

hahaha!!!!!

yeh i knowwhat you mean man.....

well thiking bout it, idont have a polo any more.... so i would only show you all up if i get that merc :D

but i do wanna see some more local polos.....

and yeh there are quite a few polos around this area!!

and there are quite a few on porka n all......

i reckon we could get quite a good meet up goin if we gave everyone enough notice etc...n sorted it out properly.....

but tbh, i cant be assed to sort it all out either! so its down to everyone else.....
concept-e
Bronze Member

Post by concept-e »

Mmm, im still up for it. And my bro just bought a polo too. My mate would come, although he has a mk2 gti 8v golf. still a veedub. And his girlfriend/my mate has a polo and she would come. There is guy who is going out with some bint down my road. He has a modded mk4. I could ask him. The list continues...the bloke i sold my modded mk3 cl g40 lookalike to. He'd come, its his duty as it was my old car!...im thinking, im thinking.....

Merstham Phil you know you want a gt, not the merc! Although with those kinda insurance quotes i don't blame you.
Aphex
Bronze Member

Post by Aphex »

ah an opportunity for my mk3s first meet.........Redhill is good for me
Aphex
Bronze Member

Post by Aphex »

actually, in crawley we have a retail park bigger than ladymead, what would people think about having a meet at the county oak site just off the a23 just before where the a23 meets the m23 if you were coming south
concept-e
Bronze Member

Post by concept-e »

Mmmm, too far south maybe?? I don't mind, see what everyone else thinks. Be good to see another mk3 tho mate.

Steve
Aphex
Bronze Member

Post by Aphex »

all fair play, need to organise something for after my next mod goes in....al hush hush atm