Can someone Suggest some Canbus error Free LED sidelights?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JayW
Silver Member

Can someone Suggest some Canbus error Free LED sidelights?

Post by JayW »

I bought some LED side lights lately which were advertised as Canbus Error Free, however today when I fitted them they still came up with an error on the dash. Can someone suggest some that are ACTUALLY Canbus and error free that they have used and know won't give an error?

These are the ones I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281058622838? ... 1423.l2649

Many Thanks
Jay
robbieg
Getting There!

Re: Can someone Suggest some Canbus error Free LED sidelight

Post by robbieg »

HI Matey

these are the ones i had fitted to mine, but after 2 sets i have now removed and have the Phillips blue sidelights that are blue bulbs, but whitish light, not as bright as LEDs but still look ok at night!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Po ... 1c27051048
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Contact the seller and send them back mate. Probs a faulty chip or resistor.
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

Cheers guys, the philips ones do look good. I had them on my old corsa and looked great at night.

I contacted the seller and he suggested that i get an extra resistor to fit between the bulb and socket and see if that works. Ordered a set and shall see if its all good otherwise i'll just ask for a refund.
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

There should be no need to fit any extra resistors mate. The CANBUS system fitted to the Polo's are no where near as sensitive as others like the Leon's, Golf's and Scirocco's. Just send them back and get another set from somewhere else. Extra resistors are just a massive pain in the ass. :) I have these in my GTI and they work an absolute treat mate. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261149281784? ... 1423.l2649
exclaimuk
New

Post by exclaimuk »

@MNavs - I puchased the bulbs from the ebay link you provided, installed them today but got a bulb error in the dash!

Not sure if I received faulty bulbs, does anyone know if it's ok to ignore the error or better just to put the original bulbs back?

More difficult than I expected trying to buy the correct LEDs for the side light!
robbieg
Getting There!

Post by robbieg »

Hi Jay
if you PM me your address i will send you the ones i had, as i am not going to use them and you can try those.
I wasnt getting error codes but one of the bulbs was flickering.
I have 4 in total
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

robbieg wrote:Hi Jay
if you PM me your address i will send you the ones i had, as i am not going to use them and you can try those.
I wasnt getting error codes but one of the bulbs was flickering.
I have 4 in total
Hi mate,

I pm'd you, did you get it?

Thanks
exclaimuk
New

Post by exclaimuk »

I managed to find some LEDs which don't come up with the bulb error on the dash, but I noticed that when I start the car, not only do the sidelights come on - the dipped beam and rer lights also come on. I don't remember these other lights coming on with the standard halogen bulbs.

Does having LEDs sidelights cause this, could someone clarify?

Thanks in advance.
robbieg
Getting There!

Post by robbieg »

If its a 6r the headlights and tail lights and number plate lights should come on as standard, as they are daylight running lights!!
You cannot disable them apparently, unless you do what i do and keep sidelights on all day
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Very strange that them bulbs didnt work. Had mine in for almost 2 years and never once had a problem. What year is your car? Also as above, dipped beam, side lights, tail lights and numberplate lights come on from the word go as they are DRL's. they can be disabled by pulling the light switch out and bending one of the pins behind the plug. Theres a guide on here and youtube showing you how. I quite like mine so just left them as they are :-)
exclaimuk
New

Post by exclaimuk »

Mine is 2013 registered, not sure when it was built though. The LEDs which I thought were working, well it's intermittent, sometimes it shows bulb error, sometimes it doesn't! - they can't seem to make up their mind! :D

The strange thing about all the other lights coming on is that when I had the standard halogen bulbs in, only the sidelights came on when starting the engine. When I put the LEDs in, the other lights like dipped beam etc came on. Anyway, don't really mind whether all the lights came on or not, just thought it was strange that they don't with the halogens.

NMavs wrote:Very strange that them bulbs didnt work. Had mine in for almost 2 years and never once had a problem. What year is your car?...