New Polo GTI on order

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
vedubber
New

New Polo GTI on order

Post by vedubber »

currently waiting 8 weeks for it to be delivered.
Options include
Reflex silver
4 door
Sensor pack
Xenons
Climate
Convenience pack
Winter pack
Steering wheel functions
RNS 510
Climate
Tinted windows

Previous cars include an 2008 Ibiza TDI sport

Ibiza 2010 Cupra.

2011 Leon FR+
Last edited by vedubber on Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Match
Bronze Member

New Polo GTI on order

Post by Match »

Any reason for the switch to VW? You've bought yourself a cracking car, not often do you see Reflex Silver on GTi's but I think it's one of the best colours, give more depth to the body bulges. Also I personally think the 4 door version makes the Polo look better proportioned, make sure you get pics up as soon as you can 8)
franko247g
Bronze Member

New Polo GTI on order

Post by franko247g »

Good choice on colour ;) can't wait to see it fella sounds really good :D
vedubber
New

Re: New Polo GTI on order

Post by vedubber »

Cannot wait for it to arrive!!

I was originally going for a blue one, but with me being OCD with car cleaning I decided against it for being to dark and would show up all the scratches.

My main reason for changing to a VW is that I am getting fed up of the 50 mile round trip to the decent Seat dealer when the car goes wrong. Where as now I could probably hit the VW dealer with a stone if a threw it.

I had so many problems with the Cupra, it got to the point in 10 months of ownership the dealer had the car for 3 months of that, so they swapped the car for the Leon. thing is I really miss the Cupra and hate the Leon, so thought I would give the Polo a go instead.
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

Welcome to VW! :D
Good choice on the Polo - any reasons for the change from SEAT?
vedubber
New

Post by vedubber »

See previous post - I am still under moderation for my posts
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

Ah, now that is embarassing! Sorry mate - mut have missed that post - (long day)
Just pleased to have another member on the forum!
vedubber
New

Post by vedubber »

Ah no worries. It took the mods 2 days to approve the post. Very frustrating. Things get a bit muddled up.
jgw226
New

Post by jgw226 »

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll enjoy the polo!
Last edited by jgw226 on Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
A2day
New

Post by A2day »

I've also moved from SEAT to VW.
Kinda miss the sporty aesthetics of a SEAT... Still on the path of adding sporty touches on my VWs (Golf Variant and Polo). :?

The problems you had on the SEAT, and since it shares the same mechanics as a VW, would not return with the Polo?

Cheers!
A2day
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Good choice. As a fellow 5 door owner you picked a few extras I should have gone for. Mine is black and aslways looks filthy :(

You'll love it.
Poochy
New

Post by Poochy »

Picked up mine today, it's nice :). Same spec as yours apart from radio and winter pack. Mines also reflex silver, it's gorgeous colour. I previously owned a black mk4 seat cupra, not going miss cleaning black hehe.

Btw I didn't order parking sensors or cruise control but that came standard, it was a £300+ option for me when ordering in march.
gavs
Silver Member

New Polo GTI on order

Post by gavs »

vedubber wrote:Cannot wait for it to arrive!!

I was originally going for a blue one, but with me being OCD with car cleaning I decided against it for being to dark and would show up all the scratches.

My main reason for changing to a VW is that I am getting fed up of the 50 mile round trip to the decent Seat dealer when the car goes wrong. Where as now I could probably hit the VW dealer with a stone if a threw it.

I had so many problems with the Cupra, it got to the point in 10 months of ownership the dealer had the car for 3 months of that, so they swapped the car for the Leon. thing is I really miss the Cupra and hate the Leon, so thought I would give the Polo a go instead.
If you are running away from Seat to VW for quality issues, probably not a wise move seeing as the Polo GTI comes off the same production line in Pamplona. However, if the dealership is close to you for all the warranty work, then that's ok, at least it's not far to go:)
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Poochy wrote:Picked up mine today, it's nice :). Same spec as yours apart from radio and winter pack. Mines also reflex silver, it's gorgeous colour. I previously owned a black mk4 seat cupra, not going miss cleaning black hehe.

Btw I didn't order parking sensors or cruise control but that came standard, it was a £300+ option for me when ordering in march.
I think the cruise control and sensors went in as standard after the prices went up in January.

I ordered December and collected March 1st and had to pay extra but the RRP was cheaper too begin with.
vedubber
New

Post by vedubber »

gavs wrote:
vedubber wrote:Cannot wait for it to arrive!!

If you are running away from Seat to VW for quality issues, probably not a wise move seeing as the Polo GTI comes off the same production line in Pamplona. However, if the dealership is close to you for all the warranty work, then that's ok, at least it's not far to go:)
I am not running away from seat. Not at all. Just fed up with having to keep taking the car miles to get it fixed.

I miss the Cupra massively. Loved the punch and DSG. if I had the choice I still would have it. Just hope the polo lives up to the Cupra.