My R-Line pics and some recent mods.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

Hello,

Just a few pictures as you normally do on a sunny day. Got a gloss black VW badge and used reflective rim tape for the chrome strip. Also fitted a cone filter for laughs (makes a nice sound haha but thats it). I did have a dump valve but sold it and regret it as that also made a nice sound :(.

Next to come will be a remap from Big Fish Tuning to hopefully take it upto 130bhp and coilovers as im quite tired of this bouncy suspension.

If only they put the sport suspension on the R-line models... wouldn't mind some parking sensors too as that comes standard now on the R-line which i missed out on by 2 months among other things :(
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Re: My R-Line pics and some recent mods.

Post by jammydodger »

Looks lovely and the tasteful mods bar the cone filter but look forward to hearing your results from the remap, VW should have offered this to start with with the RLine, but I suppose there'd be no point in the BlueGT eh? Install the parking sensors yourself! I'm planning to, the bumper has markings where you need to drill, shove some white parking sensors £20 off eBay or a lot more the genuine ones and jobs a gooden :P oh and get yourself a red TSI badge? I think it'd finish it off perfectly.
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

jammydodger wrote:Looks lovely and the tasteful mods bar the cone filter but look forward to hearing your results from the remap, VW should have offered this to start with with the RLine, but I suppose there'd be no point in the BlueGT eh? Install the parking sensors yourself! I'm planning to, the bumper has markings where you need to drill, shove some white parking sensors £20 off eBay or a lot more the genuine ones and jobs a gooden :P oh and get yourself a red TSI badge? I think it'd finish it off perfectly.
Ha i hadn't thought about that! a red tsi badge would really finish it off nicely! I will have to get one after the remap to distinguish it from the standard 1.2 tsi haha. Are parking sensors really that easy to do? I thought it would be nice to have it mapped into the touch screen i have now in the car.
calvinw1
Bronze Member

Post by calvinw1 »

Love it! Looks so nice, needs to be lowered though! Can't wait to see what the remap takes it to though, I'm so tempted to get mine done if only it wasn't for the warranty! :twisted:

Do have two questions though, did you do the badge yourself? If so, how did you separate the chrome front from the back bit of the badge itself?

And where did you get the rim tape from? Was it done with the grille still on, or did it require removing? :D
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

calvinw1 wrote:Love it! Looks so nice, needs to be lowered though! Can't wait to see what the remap takes it to though, I'm so tempted to get mine done if only it wasn't for the warranty! :twisted:

Do have two questions though, did you do the badge yourself? If so, how did you separate the chrome front from the back bit of the badge itself?

And where did you get the rim tape from? Was it done with the grille still on, or did it require removing? :D

Mines under warranty too but if you want power you gotta take risks i suppose.

No i bought the badge off ebay from a guy in france who paints them. Cost me around £20 or so and took 5 days to reach the uk. The badge was a b***h to get off though, had to really pull and twist at the same time without breaking any clips. Finally managed to get it off though. I have the standard badge in the car still.

Rim tape was also off ebay and i have a lot spare still actually. I did it with the grill still on, was very easy with a pen knife and being careful where you cut. If you want some, message me your address and i will send you some to do the grill.
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

JayW wrote:Ha i hadn't thought about that! a red tsi badge would really finish it off nicely! I will have to get one after the remap to distinguish it from the standard 1.2 tsi haha. Are parking sensors really that easy to do? I thought it would be nice to have it mapped into the touch screen i have now in the car.
:D Yes they are for the generic ones you get, the hardest part would be finding out which wire activates the reverse lights so that the parking sensors aren't on all the time. If you want the OPS on the RCD510 there will be more work involved as you'd need to run a harness from the dash to the rear bumper, fit and get someone to code the sensors in... Quite pricey aswell here's the sort of kit you'd need. http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/Volksw ... VW-Polo-6R
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

jammydodger wrote:
JayW wrote:Ha i hadn't thought about that! a red tsi badge would really finish it off nicely! I will have to get one after the remap to distinguish it from the standard 1.2 tsi haha. Are parking sensors really that easy to do? I thought it would be nice to have it mapped into the touch screen i have now in the car.
:D Yes they are for the generic ones you get, the hardest part would be finding out which wire activates the reverse lights so that the parking sensors aren't on all the time. If you want the OPS on the RCD510 there will be more work involved as you'd need to run a harness from the dash to the rear bumper, fit and get someone to code the sensors in... Quite pricey aswell here's the sort of kit you'd need. http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/Volksw ... VW-Polo-6R
Ah it seems alot of work for what it is. I really really wish i had just waited a few months if i knew these extras were just round the corner :(. Typical really haha.

Can you get the red TSI badge from the dealers?
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

What else now comes as standard? Mine had parking sensors.
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

I think its cruise control. They mentioned an alarm but im sure thats standard on all models?
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

Yes you could try the dealers although I'm not too sure on the part number - here's AJ_7's thread about it - http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 56&t=54058
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Yeah it must be the sensor pack. Mine came with parking sensors, cruise control, hill hold, DAB, MDI, Bluetooth kit.
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

Smart 8)
mattymdm
Bronze Member

Post by mattymdm »

JayW wrote:
jammydodger wrote:
Ah it seems alot of work for what it is. I really really wish i had just waited a few months if i knew these extras were just round the corner :(. Typical really haha.

Can you get the red TSI badge from the dealers?
Yes jay its a TSI (full red) from a new shape passat. Seen it fit to a polo tsi before. Like this http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/191/751/ ... 91_595.jpg
Its small though maybe look good at the bottom corner of the boot.
calvinw1
Bronze Member

Post by calvinw1 »

PM'd 8)
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

The all red TSI badge can be found on the Golf Cabriolet and Passat. The one I got was from a MK6 Golf with a silver T and a red SI.

They can both be sourced through your local VW dealer, I found some dealers may ask for your Chassis number before they will order one!

AJ