Not sure about mfd

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
sephiroth09
New

Not sure about mfd

Post by sephiroth09 »

Hello

I own a polo gt and I find the 6cd charger outdated.So I'm thinking to upgrade to an mfd unit but I'm not able to find much info about this unit :?: .

1 can it play cds?
2 can I use a xcarlink module with the mfd?
3 do I need to get a cd charger to play cds?
4 is the installation a straight swap(apart the gps antenna/Where do I install the gps antenna)?
5 in the next future will I be able to connect a amplifier/sub combo 8) ?

at then moment I have the radio and 6cd charger but the cd charger is incorporated in the unit itself I don't have any extra box under the seat's ,I insert all the 6 cds from the same slot in the dashboard.all I want to do is get the mfd unit and an xcarlink module so I wont need to burn cd every week :D if i could still use the cd charger it would be nice(I probably need to buy the under seat box). thank you
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Re: Not sure about mfd

Post by Dub_Dan »

sephiroth09 wrote:Hello

I own a polo gt and I find the 6cd charger outdated.So I'm thinking to upgrade to an mfd unit but I'm not able to find much info about this unit :?: .

1 can it play cds?
2 can I use a xcarlink module with the mfd?
3 do I need to get a cd charger to play cds?
4 is the installation a straight swap(apart the gps antenna/Where do I install the gps antenna)?
5 in the next future will I be able to connect a amplifier/sub combo 8) ?

at then moment I have the radio and 6cd charger but the cd charger is incorporated in the unit itself I don't have any extra box under the seat's ,I insert all the 6 cds from the same slot in the dashboard.all I want to do is get the mfd unit and an xcarlink module so I wont need to burn cd every week :D if i could still use the cd charger it would be nice(I probably need to buy the under seat box). thank you
Hi mate i currently have mint condition version G for sale.
1.unfortunately you cannot play cd's in the cd slot its only for the maps for the sat nag
2. yes you can use the Xcarlink module i have it in mine.
3. yes the installation is a straight swap the only issues would be that you need to order another cd changer from ebay £30 VW one a bit of research will tell you which one, my friend had his fitted under the passenger seat but some people place them in the boot.
4. yes a sub will work as well lol

hope that helps dude.
wildman_33
New

Post by wildman_33 »

I have the same setup as above and I reckon it well worth the upgrade providing you can get one for a good price. The sound improvement in noticeable with a lot more bass. You'll need one of the plug and play looms and an antenna. I got an antenna off ebay and have if fitted under my passenger side airbag but the signal is very poor on cloudy days so i need to move it. The XCarlink works perfectly with it and mine is the version D unit. You could possible mod your glovebox to fit your existing cd changer in there in some kind of DIN tray if not youll need one of the casette type of changers with a loom to reach it.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Does the MFD unit work happily with any Bluetooth module, without a hideous glowing box stuck on the dash?