From A 6R GTI To A 6C GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bessos
New

From A 6R GTI To A 6C GT

Post by bessos »

After owning my GTI for two years i decided to go and have a nose around my local vw garage and ended up ordering a 2014 spec Blue GT. Heres a pic go the GTI for those that are interested.

I loved the GTI but vw gave me a really good offer which i couldn't refuse seeing as i am saving for a house, and due to me turning 21 also chucked in a years free insurance!! So i picked up the new GT yesterday, let me know what you think.

tommytse22
Bronze Member
Drives: polo gti

Re: From A 6R GTI To A 6C GT

Post by tommytse22 »

looks great! love the GTI! im getting one next week! whats the different between the GTI and GT for you so far? which one do you like more?

also hows your GTI been ? want to know as much as information as i can before driving it :)
bessos
New

Post by bessos »

I loved my GTI and never had any major problems with it just little niggly issues. The oil consumption was around 1 litre per 1500ish miles dependant on driving style so not too bad, i just kept a litre in the boot just to be sure and checked it every week.

Never had any issues with the DSG it just threw a wobbler every now and again when it either hesitated to change gear or shifted up unexpectedly. However this was one of the main reasons for me wanting a change as i found it quite boring, after around 6 months of ownership i just wanted a manual back.

Power wise the GTI is awesome, my parents have a civic type r and off the line it would beat it til around 50-60ish and would give a lot of other cars a run for its money.

Ive only covered 100 miles in the GT and so far i love it. Obviously its not as loud and lairy as the GTI but it does have some decent poke. The main differences for me are on the inside with the new instrument cluster and steering wheel which i prefer.
tommytse22
Bronze Member
Drives: polo gti

Post by tommytse22 »

bessos wrote:I loved my GTI and never had any major problems with it just little niggly issues. The oil consumption was around 1 litre per 1500ish miles dependant on driving style so not too bad, i just kept a litre in the boot just to be sure and checked it every week.

Never had any issues with the DSG it just threw a wobbler every now and again when it either hesitated to change gear or shifted up unexpectedly. However this was one of the main reasons for me wanting a change as i found it quite boring, after around 6 months of ownership i just wanted a manual back.

Power wise the GTI is awesome, my parents have a civic type r and off the line it would beat it til around 50-60ish and would give a lot of other cars a run for its money.

Ive only covered 100 miles in the GT and so far i love it. Obviously its not as loud and lairy as the GTI but it does have some decent poke. The main differences for me are on the inside with the new instrument cluster and steering wheel which i prefer.
thats good to know! cant wait to pick mine up this wednesday! :)
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

If it's not too rude to ask. What did VW offer you on your GTI and what was the mileage?

I'm hoping the R will be out towards the end of the year and I might swap if I can afford it. Whilst I like the Idea of the GT I;m not sure I could take the power cut now :mrgreen: and I want to stick with a DSG anyway.
bessos
New

Post by bessos »

hornmeister wrote:If it's not too rude to ask. What did VW offer you on your GTI and what was the mileage?

I'm hoping the R will be out towards the end of the year and I might swap if I can afford it. Whilst I like the Idea of the GT I;m not sure I could take the power cut now :mrgreen: and I want to stick with a DSG anyway.
It was a 62 plate on 17000 miles and they gave me £12500 for it, I popped back to my local dealer the other day and it was on the forecourt for £15995.
Garfy
Bronze Member

Post by Garfy »

From a trade in price of £12500 to a forecourt retail price of £15995 is quite frankly taking the p***.

My recent trade ins have been a Blue GT on 13 plate with 16000 miles for which I got £11500, currently retailing at £13750. Last year I trdeed a 4 year old Golf GTi with 41k for which I got £13200 and it retailed at £15495.

Wherever your dealer starts you should aim to (and almost certainly will) get a further 5-7% out of the deal for you, regardless of the price. So at this level you should have easily negotiated a further £1000 out of this deal.

I don't think you negotiated hard enough, the dealer really loves you right now.
ben4012
Getting There!

Post by ben4012 »

Garfy wrote:From a trade in price of £12500 to a forecourt retail price of £15995 is quite frankly taking the p***.

My recent trade ins have been a Blue GT on 13 plate with 16000 miles for which I got £11500, currently retailing at £13750. Last year I trdeed a 4 year old Golf GTi with 41k for which I got £13200 and it retailed at £15495.

Wherever your dealer starts you should aim to (and almost certainly will) get a further 5-7% out of the deal for you, regardless of the price. So at this level you should have easily negotiated a further £1000 out of this deal.

I don't think you negotiated hard enough, the dealer really loves you right now.
But you don't know how much he paid for the GT; the deal might have been really good at the top end. Dealers are always going to mark up, that's their job. If it's on finance then I'd be reasonably happy as long as i got back what I'd paid and perhaps have a deposit so I could get another great car for less per month. (Plus £500 worth of insurance.)

There is more to the deal than the screen price. No one is going to pay 15995, you can negotiate a brand new one for 17! The dealer is just adding a bit of haggling room, he won't see £3500 out of the next deal.
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Cheers for posting and interesting reading.

Yep 16K is taking the mick but I recon they'd sell for £14-£14,500. £2,500 considering they've got to service warranty etc as well as pay salemans wages. Maybe Vat as well? I think you got a fairish price. Of course it'll factor into the price of the new car as well.
bessos
New

Post by bessos »

First subtle modification done today, added genuine GTI tailpipes which look much better! see below.

I am now looking at ordering a set of Audi A1 aluminium pedals.

In the future i will be fitting coilovers (should never have sold the bilsteins from the gti) and fitting the Speedlines for a white on white look. Coilover wise I'm torn between the ST X kit or to spend the extra money and go for the H&R's, however this won't be till next year when i insure it myself as it is currently insured through VW.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I have Eibach Pro Street S coilovers on my BlueGT... I'll highly recomend it. :)
bessos
New

Post by bessos »

Do these give a decent drop? and what is the ride quality like?
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

bessos wrote:Do these give a decent drop? and what is the ride quality like?
Here's how it sits:

it's all the way down with the adjustment removed in the back and has around 25-30 mm left in the front.
The ride is a little bit harder than stock, but not much. :)
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

bessos wrote:First subtle modification done today, added genuine GTI tailpipes which look much better! see below.

Quick question, did you fit these as the chrome tailpipes: 6R0253825?
bessos
New

Post by bessos »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:
bessos wrote:Do these give a decent drop? and what is the ride quality like?
Here's how it sits:

it's all the way down with the adjustment removed in the back and has around 25-30 mm left in the front.
The ride is a little bit harder than stock, but not much. :)
This looks really smart!! Loving the BBS especially in gold!!