Standard Polo GTI Performance Figures

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
dxg

Standard Polo GTI Performance Figures

Post by dxg »

Does anyone have these?

Looking for a 0-60 - is it the same as the 5 speed Lupo GTI, or slightly longer (i.e. how much of an effect does the slightly heavier (presumably) body have on the same gearbox combo)?

You see, there's a 5spd Lupo GTi for sale near me. I had been looking for a 6 speed, but they're all rather overpriced... (Just need to get my polo back from the dealers at some point - could always try trading in the hire corsa, though :lol: )...
Polo17
Getting There!

Post by Polo17 »

0-60 on a standard polo gti is about 8.5 seconds i think and a top speed of 129!

i think the lupo gti's are about 8.3 or something
dxg

Post by dxg »

Thanks,

I know the figures for the 5spd and the 6spd lupos are different and that one's just under eight seconds and one's just over, but I can't remember which way round it is.

I had thought the six speed was quicker to 30, but slower to 60.

Anyway, it's only a second difference - just weighing up options for the replacement car...

You see, there's a dealer near me with 3 (yes 3!) polo gtis and 1 lupo gti currently sitting on its forecourt. Now if I could only get mine back from the dealer...

Deek.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Bet you'll change your mind when you get the Polo back :wink:
GTiOLLIE
Getting There!

Post by GTiOLLIE »

Although the Lupo may be a bit more fun, the equipment levels in the Polo a far superior. 8)