Factory tyres for Polo GT?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
richl123
New

Factory tyres for Polo GT?

Post by richl123 »

Hello everyone, what tyres are VW fitting on the Polo GT?

I wasn't aware of any low profile + low rolling resistance tyres being made.

Thanks

Alloy wheels, four 7J x 17" ‘Montani’ with 215/40 R17 low rolling resistance tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Re: Factory tyres for Polo GT?

Post by gti-joe »

My Blue GT came with Dunlop Sport Maxx 215/40 R17
Last edited by gti-joe on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

The BlueGT comes on ordinary high-end summertyres. Not low rolling resistance tyres.
(NOTE: It's really IS summer tyres. So you WILL need to purchase winter tyres!!!)

Mine came on Dunlop SP Sport Maxx aswell. But some of them also comes/came on Bridgestone Potenza.
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

In some of the press releases and road tests I have read, it does state that the BGT is fitted with crappy low resistance tyres, but I think this may have been for the first few models only, because the newer ones seem to come with decent sports tyres - thank goodness 8)
richl123
New

Post by richl123 »

Thanks for the info, SportMAXX isnt really an eco tyre and I see the first reviews of the GTI have S001 (on the same rim size)
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Dunlop Sport Maxx. Though I have to disagree about the car needing winter tyres. I drove mine to Peterborough and back last week (348 mile round trip for me!) and had to go across snow covered roads and up hills. No issues at all, just have to take your time.
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

lancslad1985 wrote:Dunlop Sport Maxx. Though I have to disagree about the car needing winter tyres. I drove mine to Peterborough and back last week (348 mile round trip for me!) and had to go across snow covered roads and up hills. No issues at all, just have to take your time.
Agreed. I tried winter tyres last year on my Up for the first time in 35 years driving and I didn't think they made that much difference. I won't be investing in them for my Polo.
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

Seeing as the Dunlop Sport Maxx tyre's are rated on fuel efficiency as a 'C' and most other tyres in this size are rated as 'E', I would suggest that these were probably the lowest rolling resistant tyres that VW could source.

http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_uk/tires/pa ... eedIndex=V
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

TheFrog wrote:
lancslad1985 wrote:Dunlop Sport Maxx. Though I have to disagree about the car needing winter tyres. I drove mine to Peterborough and back last week (348 mile round trip for me!) and had to go across snow covered roads and up hills. No issues at all, just have to take your time.
Agreed. I tried winter tyres last year on my Up for the first time in 35 years driving and I didn't think they made that much difference. I won't be investing in them for my Polo.
I can really feel a huge difference between wintertires and non wintertires... I would never take that risk.
ORiOn
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo BlueGT / Audi S5

Post by ORiOn »

I have the First BlueGT that came out, and the tyres are Dunlop Sport MAXX 215/40 and not 205/40...

They are really, really good! But make a lot of noise...
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

ORiOn wrote:I have the First BlueGT that came out, and the tyres are Dunlop Sport MAXX 215/40 and not 205/40...

They are really, really good! But make a lot of noise...
I took my BlueGT (Also one of the first) around the Nürburgring on the SportMaxX. And I'm not impressed by them I must say... Felt like the didn't really grip in the corners.
Basko
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2TSI

Post by Basko »

On my Polo 6C 215/45/16 I've got Dunlop sportmaxx now after 6500km my opinion is they are noisy, and wet grip is terrible...

take a screenshot