Help me mod my Polo - Budget £500

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Satan
New
Drives: 6R 1.2 3door

Help me mod my Polo - Budget £500

Post by Satan »

Hey guys, I have a stock 2013 1.2 Polo 2dr. I'm looking for some mods to perhaps boost exhaust sound and definitely to improve sporty looks.

Happy with my Knight Alloys but have been looking for some bodykits online but can't find any with pictures of in real life cars?? :? Also will the R/Line Bumpers fit my car if I order them direct from VW?

Considering the lowering springs offered by VW but have seen some people saying they don't make much of a difference.

My car right now (will update when I make some mods) = Image
Scrivv
New
Drives: 6n2 polo gti

Re: Help me mod my Polo - Budget £500

Post by Scrivv »

If it was my car I would scrap off the body kit idea.. I can imagine OEM bumpers direct from VW are big money too! I would do:
Coilovers
Black badges
Led exterior lights
Pressed plates
De badge boot and plug rear wiper
Then maybe induction and decat, think of long term before chucking money at it.. you never know you may quickly want more power and the 1.2 is never going to be a mover! :)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

Scrap after market bodykits they look ugly

r-line bumpers etc will will fit but generally expensive

I would do;

roof Spoiler lip or wrc
aerial change (maybe bee-sting look or a stubby but colour matched)
A good machine polish (buy one if you'll be doing it yourself over the years) does more for looks than anything
Big alloys (looks meaner and lower without lowering)
change front upper grille
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

Lower it on h&r springs or get cheap FK coilovers, dont put bigger wheels on without lowering it as it will look more like a tracter and rear arch gap is already bad enough. Springs start about £130 i think

Dont bother with exhaust decat as it pointless. If you want noise get a cheap system or back box. Can get a system of ebay for about £250

Black badges, wind deflectors, debadge rear and rear wiper delete.

Bumpers will not be cheap, r line bodykit before spraying about £400-500 new, wrc bumper at least £400. Could try and find second hand gti/ r line bumpers but most on ebay are not cheap and damaged and need repairing and considering your budget best to just leave them.
vizik
New
Drives: polo 6R

Post by vizik »

Ive just done ipad mini in dash, a GTI grill (don't hate, I took the GTI badge off and I like the red) and i'm looking at an induction kit and LED headlights (or maybe even some xenons if i can find for not stupid money).

Anyone know the name of those wheels, I need some new ones. Have the same car, same year but came with the s**t sliver thick looking alloys (that belong on a fiat panda or something lol).
bcjcben1
New
Drives: 6C

Post by bcjcben1 »

vizik wrote:Ive just done ipad mini in dash, a GTI grill (don't hate, I took the GTI badge off and I like the red) and i'm looking at an induction kit and LED headlights (or maybe even some xenons if i can find for not stupid money).

Anyone know the name of those wheels, I need some new ones. Have the same car, same year but came with the s**t sliver thick looking alloys (that belong on a fiat panda or something lol).
They're knight allows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk