New Gti

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
NeilTXJ
New
Drives: Polo Gti

New Gti

Post by NeilTXJ »

Thought I would say hi.

Just ordered a new 3-door Gti DSG. It is on a personal lease and is a stock special so had no choice of colour or options which is a shame but the price makes up for it. I do a reasonable amount of town driving hence the DSG.

A couple of options I would have liked would have been heated seats and car net so I could connect with Apple Play - can these be retro fitted?

Previous 2 cars have been MINI's so looking forward to the change and will be first time I have had a VAG car and looking forward to it.
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Re: New Gti

Post by joe6 »

Hi Neil. Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy the GTI. Had mine a month now and just beginning to 'let it out a bit now! It is possible to retrofit most options but some are more tedious and complicated than others. If you search the forum you will normally find someone has done it. Most require some additional coding to control units or different control units. I think there are less mods on the 6c than others as it has only been out a couple of years.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Welcome Neil.

Whether or not Car Net App Connect can be retro-fitted depends upon what version of the MIB2 infotainment unit your car will have. Initially it was thought that this could be retrospectively added by the dealers to all MIB2 units, but a number of forum members have enquired at their dealers and have been told the infotainment unit fitted to their car is not compatible with the update.

There are various posts on the forum regarding this. A couple of ways to identify whether or not Car Net App Connect can be added to the Composition Media unit (which your car will has you're not having sat nav) is the part number of your media unit and the position of the 'Mute' button;

- If your unit is Part number 3Q003820A then there is no option for entering App Connect code.
- If your unit is Part number 3Q0035842A then there is an option for entering App Connect code.

I think that Composition media units with part number 3Q0035842A have a 'Mute' button at the top on the right hand side of the media unit screen. The 'Mute' button on 3Q003820A units is at the bottom left hand side of the screen.

Cost of retrospectively getting this added and activated is in the region of £215, which I believe involves a software update and input of an activation key.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=67691&hilit=App+connect&start=15
NeilTXJ
New

Post by NeilTXJ »

SRGTD wrote:Welcome Neil.

Whether or not Car Net App Connect can be retro-fitted depends upon what version of the MIB2 infotainment unit your car will have. Initially it was thought that this could be retrospectively added by the dealers to all MIB2 units, but a number of forum members have enquired at their dealers and have been told the infotainment unit fitted to their car is not compatible with the update.

There are various posts on the forum regarding this. A couple of ways to identify whether or not Car Net App Connect can be added to the Composition Media unit (which your car will has you're not having sat nav) is the part number of your media unit and the position of the 'Mute' button;

- If your unit is Part number 3Q003820A then there is no option for entering App Connect code.
- If your unit is Part number 3Q0035842A then there is an option for entering App Connect code.

I think that Composition media units with part number 3Q0035842A have a 'Mute' button at the top on the right hand side of the media unit screen. The 'Mute' button on 3Q003820A units is at the bottom left hand side of the screen.

Cost of retrospectively getting this added and activated is in the region of £215, which I believe involves a software update and input of an activation key.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=67691&hilit=App+connect&start=15
Thanks for such a comprehensive response - appreciated.

I guess I will wait until I get the car and investigate more.
Becca26r
New
Drives: Polo Match- GTI awaiting delivery

Post by Becca26r »

Hi, I've recently ordered the pure white gti with sports kit. The delivery changed to 'in transit' on the 23rd November, anyone have an estimate delivery date? I'm so excited now!
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

Becca26r wrote:Hi, I've recently ordered the pure white gti with sports kit. The delivery changed to 'in transit' on the 23rd November, anyone have an estimate delivery date? I'm so excited now!
Time varies. A couple of weeks to get to UK. When it gets to UK they wait for a full transporter load to your area. Mine took 2 weeks from 'landing' in UK to collection.
Becca26r
New

Post by Becca26r »

joe6 wrote:
Becca26r wrote:Hi, I've recently ordered the pure white gti with sports kit. The delivery changed to 'in transit' on the 23rd November, anyone have an estimate delivery date? I'm so excited now!
Time varies. A couple of weeks to get to UK. When it gets to UK they wait for a full transporter load to your area. Mine took 2 weeks from 'landing' in UK to collection.
That's good to hear then! I've just emailed my dealer asking for the details of the boat it's on 8)
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Mine went to "in transit" on 29th Nov last year and was ready on 14th December, although I got mine from Grimsby so didn't have to wait for a transporter for it :)
Becca26r
New

Post by Becca26r »

nats148 wrote:Mine went to "in transit" on 29th Nov last year and was ready on 14th December, although I got mine from Grimsby so didn't have to wait for a transporter for it :)
Mine has arrived in the UK this morning, hopefully not long now! I can't bare waiting any longer!
NeilTXJ
New

Post by NeilTXJ »

Delivery today

NeilTXJ
New

Post by NeilTXJ »

First chance I have had for a proper run :)

ASneakyHippo
New
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI DSG

Post by ASneakyHippo »

Looks stunning :) very jealous!! More pics more pics!!

Still got 4 weeks to go for mine :shock: