DTUK Box, peoples reviews and reliability

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

DTUK Box, peoples reviews and reliability

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a DTUK box at the end of the year and i'm wondering what peoples opinions/ experiences are with it.

I have a manual car so i'm not worried about the gearbox or torque ect, just want to know what people think in:

1) day to day driving and when you put your foot down

2) Change in MPG? good or bad?

3) Any reliability issues with the car with the box fitted?

Also if people could say how much their insurance increased by that would be interesting.

TIA
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Re: DTUK Box, peoples reviews and reliability

Post by joe6 »

dtuk_polo
New
Drives: DTUK Tuned Polo GTI

Post by dtuk_polo »

Hi c_randell_23 ,

If you're looking for reviews head over to the Polo 6R 6C Owners Club UK there is a lot of feed back on there regarding the box. Which I run myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615655315371819/

:D
C_Randell_23
Getting There!

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Hi DTUK polo, I'm a member of that page and I have seen a lot of stuff posted but not relay seen someones review of one eg after a years or running with a manual and what they have found reliability wise ect?

Just wondering also if any people with the manuals have had to replace their clutch a year down the line due to the extra torque? I have seen a few people mentioning this but not sure if they have stage 1/2 or just a DTUK.
MczZippy
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C - Flash Red

Post by MczZippy »

i did read on some forums that the car can now detect any kind of "tampering" and puts a flag in the ECU. is this the case with the DTUK boxes too?
C_Randell_23
Getting There!

Post by C_Randell_23 »

I hope not, i'm going to hand the car back in 2-3 years i don't think i will keep it any longer so i want to keep the warranty and dont want any TD1 flags. Plus im interested about the need for an uprated clutch due to extra torque.
dtuk_polo
New
Drives: DTUK Tuned Polo GTI

Post by dtuk_polo »

The DTUK boxes leave no trace.. they had a master audi tech fit one of our systems to his brand new Audi S3 310PS and nothing shown up.

There also has been a VW master Tech do the same with his polo... full warranty scan with the box plugged in!!!!... and still nothing!

Reliability on a manual.. we have a member on our forum who has been running his box since April 2015.. no issues at all.. as for my car it's DSG and just ticked over 33k with the box fitted since new.. hasn't skipped a beat.. no clutch slip etc.